By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now That the Xbox One is Selling Like Hotcakes ...

blessedswine said:

what im saying is Gamecube was the last system where Nintendo had exclusive M rated games that i can think of.

Well then you're forgetting No More Heroes 2 and Madworld, and HotD: Overkill was exclusive for a long while, as was Dead Space Extraction and the first No More Heroes. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

That is so amazingly cute. I've just been watching it over and over again.

That's why I am going to show you another cute panda gif!  ^ω^

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

i got a little off track but i meant Gamecube was the last time NINTENDO made a M rated game, Eternal Darkness, the N64 had Conkers BFD  the wii ninty didnt go after it themselves but relied on 3rd party,   but point is ask any parent what system is made for kids and id be shocked if any of them said anything other then Nintendo,  the main problem though the WiiU has is nobody outside of Ninty faithful and hardcore gamers know it exists,  i told my wife i wanted Super Smash Bros for the WiiU but that i needed to buy it she asked "what is a WiiU a thing that attaches to the Wii?"  she had no clue what it was nonetheless it was a new system.  That in and of itself is where nintendo failed on the WiiU and thats naming it anything other then Wii2  or a whole new system name

Nice to see some good news. Doesn't have to beat PS4 to be successful.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

@wine the reason rol is calling you a game toddler is because you don't know nintendo have this childish family friendly on consoles from the beggining (MK didn't had blood on snes). Their console always had and will have more mature content but their image will remain child safe not because of power, graphic or third party support. It will keep like this because of the franchise they invest more.

The only difference betwen now and before is that the games you like aren't on nintendo (most of the games you cited were 2 and 3rd parties) but ninty haven't changed so much their target demography since ever.

Mega drive "nintendon't" adds and ps crash add are evidence that nintendo portrayed their game on "vg are for children" part since then.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."