By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze vs Rayman Legends

Tagged games:

?

Tropical Freeze 163 64.17%

Rayman Legends 91 35.83%

Total:254
curl-6 said:
MikeRox said:

I resent the lack of an "I'm too weak to choose!" option in the poll.

No easy way out in curl-6 polls. :p

Fine then, I'll got with Tropical Thunder, purely because it took me back to the original Donkey Kong and playing that with my dad. While I have no nostalgic association with 2D Rayman. I never really got on with the original Rayman, it was a bit too unforgiving.

I think that's where Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is underappreciated, it plays and feels exactly like the amazing SNES games did, and it's much harder to capture that sort of feeling of a great game than a lot of people give credit.

Whilst Rayman Origins and Legends are amazing 2D platformers in their own right, they are such through being much better than their predecessor, whilst Tropical Freeze is doing it through being like the predecessor... I guess that kinda makes sense...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I liked Legends, but prefer DKC:TF. DK gameplay is really great, I love the fact that the game is really challenging and it gives me the same feeling I had the first time I played DK on SNES.

If Legends plays anything like Origins, then I can answer that without playing either Tropical Freeze or Legends. I'm not keen on floaty physics unless the game using them is not purely a platformer to begin with.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

If Legends plays anything like Origins, then I can answer that without playing either Tropical Freeze or Legends. I'm not keen on floaty physics unless the game using them is not purely a platformer to begin with.

Then you'd love DK's weighty physics.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Rayman Legends because it's not from Nintendo.

Also Jump Super Stars is the tagged game?  I own Jump Ultimate Stars.  Damn Nintendo wifi going out meaning i can't play it online anymore.

Around the Network

I've yet to play legends yet, but if it's as good as origins I would lean towards it.

Purely on the single player (wich is by far the most important aspect to me), Donkey Kong. It was way more challenging than Rayman that I 100%ed fairly quickly. (I also 100%ed DK but it was much harder). I still feel frustrated about the fact that I've seen Nintendo trashing reviews, blaming Nintendo of milking and taking pts down over DK being rehashed while we've only had as many DK games as Rayman games in the last 10years. Meanwhile no one critisize Legends for playing like Origins...

But the online aspect and gamepad fonctions goes to Rayman. The daily/weekly challenges were a genious way of keeping me playing imo while DK does'nt have any multiplayer component other than being able to see other ppl's speed run (but I did enjoy the feature). Also I'll give pts for creativity with the gamepad, but I'ts not the most important aspects for me, what really matters is the campaign and music lvls aside I enjoyed DK lvls slightly more than Rayman's.

But both great games anyway.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

kupomogli said:

Rayman Legends because it's not from Nintendo.

Care to elaborate, or are you just throwing this out from under a bridge?

Metrium said:
I still feel frustrated about the fact that I've seen Nintendo trashing reviews, blaming Nintendo of milking and taking pts down over DK being rehashed while we've only had as many DK games as Rayman games in the last 10years. Meanwhile no one critisize Legends for playing like Origins...

Double Standards

or because its Nintendo

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Just for the fact of Tropical Freeze managing to capture the essence of the SNES iterations while building upon a fresh new take on the serie introduced by Returns, it's clear which game is the winner. Making me feel like the old good days is no easy task about me. Only Super Mario Galaxy managed to do so, and now Tropical Freeze. I can say too without the shadow of a doubt that for me, DKCTF is a better game than Super Mario 3D World, mostly because I'm a bigger fan of DK games and because of the more ambitious soundtrack and wider range of musical sonorities. Music is about 50% of my experience.