By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze vs Rayman Legends

Tagged games:

?

Tropical Freeze 163 64.17%

Rayman Legends 91 35.83%

Total:254
Locknuts said:
Samus Aran said:
Locknuts said:

Legends. Easily. More variety and clever ideas. Not only that but it uses the gamepad and uses it well.

I found the Murphy levels to be extremely boring and rather just play the levels normally. Too bad they had to tack Gamepad functions on the game. 

I hate babysitting missions at the best of times. But I enjoyed the more challenging Murphy levels.

Yeah, I can see why people enjoy it, but I think they appear too frequently. They were challenging though! Especially if you want to collect everything. 

Around the Network

Rayman legends, way superior co-op experience over DK: TF.

It pains me slightly to have to say Tropical Freeze, because Rayman's visuals are amazing, and deserve all the praise than can be heaped upon them.

But Tropical Freeze freeze is still the tighter game with the better levels.

I haven't played either, but I think Donkey Kong looks more fun.

Awful OP. Purely because I really can't decide which one I prefer. They're both amazing games that everyone should play.

I resent the lack of an "I'm too weak to choose!" option in the poll.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Two different J&R. if you bring Mario up to the table it would be three different J&R. The only way to fairly favour one would be to look at the excellence of execution. but both should be at a level where outstanding mistakes are nowhere seen...

mine said:
Two different J&R. if you bring Mario up to the table it would be three different J&R. The only way to fairly favour one would be to look at the excellence of execution. but both should be at a level where outstanding mistakes are nowhere seen...

If you added NSMBU to that, it'd just make matters worse.

I'm on cloud 9 with how many amazing 2D platformers are coming out right now. It (along with 3D platformers) is a genre I truly mourned for most of the 7th gen.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

legends>DKCTF>DKCR>origins>NSMBU.

Tropical freeze for me, but both are stunning games and im proud to own them both. TF looks better graphically, has a better soundtrack and holds more of a challenge,However Rayman does have a better online mode, with daily/weekly challenges. What seals it for Donkey Kong is having loads of collectables scattered around the levels with the jigsaw pieces and KONG letters, its fun rooting around for them.

MikeRox said:

I resent the lack of an "I'm too weak to choose!" option in the poll.

No easy way out in curl-6 polls. :p