By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Col Rogers (Driveclub) responds to famousmortimer´s claims about WWS´ restructuring

Should we stop listening to self declared insiders ?

Yes ! 52 100.00%

Total:52

http://doddscientifics.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/a-bit-of-clarity/

I fucked up. There’s no two ways around that. I fucked up in multiple ways. It wasn’t just one fuckup – it was a series of them, some because I’m stupid and some because I didn’t know what was going on.

When I posted yesterday at GAF about the various happenings within Sony the point of what I was trying to write is that they weren’t connected or part of a bigger conspiracy. The mistake I made was that I was loose with gossip in trying to make my point. I wasn’t focused on that, I was focused on my larger point and as such I failed as writer/poster. Late last night I talked with a friend of Col Rodgers and we cleared things up.

When i woke up this morning I didn’t go to gaf. I had no idea the post was still going. I had no idea that Col had posted there. I had no idea about anything, really. I did some stuff on the site. I was feeling awful about how big that post had blown up (mostly from the conversation with col’s friend which made it far more personal and gave me a much better understanding of how my irresponsibility could hurt someone). I made a tweet, that was intentionally cheeky, about resigning as a “GAF Insider.” The reason it was cheeky was because I’ve always thought of the entire notion of being a “GAF Insider” was silly and to make some sort of official announcement that was very serious would just make me look like a stuck up fuck. So that’s fuck up number 2. Or 3. I don’t know how many I was at this point. What I had no clue is that Col Rodgers had posted on GAF. That people were waiting for a response from me. So my cheeky tweet became the response…. and I had no idea.

At this point, still completely oblivious, I’m going through my email and I see an email from Col Rodgers. He explained why he left. He explained his situation with his son (something that was never even mentioned to me by anyone I talked to). He gave me what I now believe to be the facts of the situation. I wrote him back and apologized to him. I told him I didn’t mean to smear him, I wish him and his son well. He wrote back explaining how what I wrote could potentially hurt him so I responded (paraphrased, i don’t have the email in front of me) “Well I was planning on apologizing on my podcast since that would be video, voice, body language, etc and would hopefully express that it was sincere. ” But decided to also appologize on twitter now since I’m not sure if Rich and I are doing a show tonight, tomorrow, sunday… or possibly later. So I tweeted the apology and someone responded “Too late, Evilore already danced on your grave.”

Curious to what he meant I went to GAF. I got a message saying I had a lifetime ban for being a “faux insider” who handled himself poorly when proven wrong. I can’t argue with that. I totally handled myself poorly after being proven wrong on GAF. What I can say, in my defense, is I had *ZERO* idea that I had been proven wrong on GAF so my actions afterwards like my cheeky tweet was not in any way a response to GAF. I had no idea of anything that was happening at GAF.

This isn’t a plea to get my GAF account back – my cheeky tweet was me making the decision that I need to stop making posts like I did. I enjoy talking about videogames – a lot, and sometimes have info to offer that is pertinent to the topic at hand. That info by and large has been correct – hence my not getting banned once before now. This time it was not. I feel awful. I’ve felt awful since yesterday. It was that awful feeling that made me decide that I need to stop posting shit like that on GAF. It isn’t helpful. People will bend truth, rumors, things that are completely false, and whatever else to fit their narrative. And when I’m not careful I can seriously fuck with people’s lives and I don’t like that. So the GAF ban is fine. I’m better off as a lurker. I did want to clarify the order in which things happened though. Because I can be an asshole, but I wouldn’t make that cheeky post as a response to someone like Col on GAF. Col seems like a great guy and I really feel for him and his son. I apologize again for any harm I caused.

-Pete Dodd

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Glad to see one of these so called "leakers" get banned.

On the other hand that is horrible :/ I hope his son gets better soon

and what made GAF cool is crumbling. Industry insiders are worses than "sources" in sports news. -_-

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:
and what made GAF cool is crumbling. Industry insiders are worses than "sources" in sports news. -_-

It might be crumbling, but rampant Sony fanboyism won't go down that easily.

I've found an insider who could help us bring it all down. He's a big unstable, but he's all we got.

Smeags said:
RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

I've found an insider who could help us bring it all down. He's a big unstable, but he's all we got.

Quick, you have to get to 350 posts to be save.

And your profile picture made me laugh !

Around the Network
Smeags said:

He's also a mere junior. *snickers*

famous deserves the ban. and im sad to hear about the devs son.

badgenome said:

He's also a mere junior. *snickers*

I'm He's almost at 1 post per year. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

That sixth post is going to be something else man. *slowly nods*

RolStoppable said:

I have no access to that page, but judging from the above post, it's a link to your profile on GAF?

Member since April 2008. When I left NSider, I chose between GAF and VChartz...

Even now, sleep eludes me as I am haunted by my choices...

orniletter said:
Smeags said:
RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Quick, you have to get to 350 posts to be save.

And your profile picture made me laugh !

And I thought my gaf post count was rough. I've been sub 50 since 2008. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.