By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

Batmobile takes up 512 mb VRAM for arkham knight. This is half of wii u's available VRAM. Its no brainer.

Around the Network

I am not a WiiU hater at all, but people had to see this coming. It is going to get exponentially worse as the gen progresses forward. At least Nintendo makes good games though so meh.

"Lazy Devs" tm

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

badgenome said:
Why Batman: Arkham Knight can easily run on Wii U:

Undeniable proof

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

But what about the "scalation techniques" that were going to save the wii U support that Zero used to talk about?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

Rocksteady obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Who are these guys anyway? Can they even program a video game? Wii U is more powerful than X1 + PS4 combined and could run Arkham Knight without even breaking a sweat. Now if you'll excuse I'm going to go pick up my Wii U tablet and imagine playing Final Fantasy XV: The Bestest Wii U Edition. The graphics are unreal.

Viper1 said:
I hope they realize how incompetent that just made them look.

That's one way to look at it. They obviously have a goal of what they want to do and deemed it impossible to do on the older hardware.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

trestres said:
Let's cross out WB from the list of the Western 3rd party publishers that support the Wii U.

Anyone has a list of those remaining? Activision if I'm not mistaken. Ubisoft has been recently crossed out.

WB will always gladly release the Lego games on WiiU. Wouldn't be surprised if Lego City Undercover 2 was already in the works.

Ubisoft hasn't officially announced they're dropping WiiU support. They're releasing Child of Light to the platform next month and then Watch Dogs later on. Wii U probably gets the last-gen version of the 2 AC games rather than Unity.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

If the wii U had the user base to guarantee a mill+ (at full price) in sales they would have found a way to get it on the console but seeing how other games are doing it's not worth the time, effort and the risk. They probably are not interested by selling 100k full price + 150k at bargin bin price.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

In terms of the technology this actually makes sense. That's not a bash on the Wii U by any means but judging by the graphic fidelity of released shots in comparison with a map 5x the size of Arkham City and them wanting to densely pack the city as much as possible its not surprising.

My main bet here is the RAM. You're going to need a lot of it to load the city as quickly as will need to be while driving the Batmobile at high speeds.

Its unfortunate but you are going to start seeing more of this, and it really does come down to RAM, that is the biggest hardware issue facing the console. Devs have been holding back for years due to 360 / PS3 and now that they have the opportunity to move on to 8GB consoles they aren't going to compromise. Just look at AC Unity, Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, etc. The amount of titles not even releasing on 360 / PS3 is growing and thats an enormous install base.

Wii U is more than capable of gorgeous games, just look at 3D World and MK8. But when it comes to open world titles it is going to severely struggle. All 3 of the major AAA games that have been announced as not coming to old consoles or the Wii U also are all open world. That's a trend worth noting.