By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do We Still believe XBO can't pass WiiU 2014?

In Feb a thread was made "When Will XBox One Outsell WiiU?" And I'm curious to see if the people who said Xbox ONe won't do it by the end of the year has changed their mind?

Based off of trends Xbox One should be between 9.2m Minumum-10.5m maximum By the first of January 2015.   WiiU on the other hand based off trends should be  around 9m minumum-10m maximum

Blah blah blah, wall of text that explained trends, how holidays works based off more selling the second holidays than the first thanks to deals and more software, and what months do what

Updated: 11/13/2014 (Week Ending November 8th)

Xbox One 6.7m
WiiU - 7.4m

Votes:

Undecided - 14
Xbox One -  31
WiiU - 25

Who will be in the Lead by the end of the year Predictions, WiiU or Xbox One?

Xenostar -  Undecided 
Gergroy -  Xbox One 
Spurgeoryan – Undecided 
OdinHades – WiiU 
Nintentacle – Undecided
Episteme – Undecided
JoeFlex- Xbox One
Sales2099 – WiiU 
jonathanils -  Undecided
OttoniBastos – Undecided
TreeTurtle – WiiU 
Papamudd – Undecided
Einsan_Dolphin – Xbox One
AZWification – WiiU 
BananaKing21 – Xbox One 
Ethomaz – WiiU
JoeTheBro -  Xbox One
Seece – Xbox One
KingdomHeartsFan – WiiU 
TheLastStarFighter – WiiU 
HylianSword – Xbox One
ShikaMaru317 – Xbox One 
Jay70sGamer – WiiU -  Xbox One might never pass WiiU
Existenz2 – WiiU – Xbox One wont pass it this year or in 2015
Mohammad Badir -  Xbox One 
Mensrae –Undecided 
51JBerger – Undecided
Kowenicki – Xbox One 
POE – WiiU
MoHasanie – WiiU 
Legendary_W – Undecided
Superchunk – Xbox One
brighat – Xbox One 
NobleTeam360 – Xbox One
Chris Hu – Xbox One 
GreenMedic88 – Xbox One 
It_Dan_27 – Undecided
Chris409 – Xbox One
MummelMan – Xbox One 
leyendax69 – Xbox One
BHR-3 – Xbox one 
JakNBlack1993  - Undecided
Hibern81 – WiiU 
DeadlyCatalyst – WiiU 
Afri canSanta – Undecided
MTZEhvor – WiiU
drake_Tolu – WiiU
Michael-5 – WiiU 
Aerys – WiiU
ironmanDX – Xbox One 
Radishhead – WiiU
JLC215 – Xbox One
FusionCode – WiiU 
Maverick40 – Xbox One
bonzobanana – WiiU
greencactaur – WiiU
Uabit – Xbox One
Angelv577 – Xbox One
toastboy44562 -  Xbox One 
DevilRising – WiiU 
DJEVOLVE – Xbox One 
ShogunKnight – WiiU 
TarHeelsALLDay – Xbox One
ryuzaki57 – Xbox One 
Ninricken – WiiU
Ljink96 – Xbox One
cpg716 – Xbox One 
dudeitsminion – Xbox One 
ICStats - Undecided

Fory77 - WiiU
Barozi - Xbox One

Around the Network

Will be close, depends on the fall off after Titanfall, id be more willing to predict a month from now.

I don't know, there are a lot of unknown variables that are pretty much guaranteed to impact sales of both consoles. What kind of price cut will the x1 have? how much impact will mario kart have? Will the wii u get a price cut? Will Halo 5 come out this year? etc.

I would assume that the x1 should be able to pass the wii u this year, but really, who knows. The gen is early and is easily primed for shake ups and game changers...

Wii U has Mario Kart. X1 does not. It won't happen this year. Maybe next year with Halo.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

gergroy said:
I don't know, there are a lot of unknown variables 

You're right, just want to see what opinions people give so we can come back to this thread at the end of the year

Around the Network

Yay, my thread!

Holiday 2014 or early 2015.

800k Wii U consoles between March and September is too low, that's less than 30k on average. Maybe March to May won't be much higher, but June-September should be higher.

Mario Kart 8 will probably have a bigger impact (percentage) than Titanfall + inofficial X1 price cut.

We can't say much about the holiday season, it will depend on E3 announcements and price cuts of both consoles.

It's possible. I think some are overestimating the power of MK8. Either way, at this point it is too difficult to determine. It would be interesting to see how Destiny affects the PS4 and XBO, and other noteworthy crossplatform games unavailable on the Wii U. Price cuts and good software does wonders though. It would be interesting if MS had an ace in the hole at E3 for the fall period of this year.

I will play it safe and say 2015.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i spect MK8 will sell wii Us well only in the hollidays.