By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that the hype has died off, how good was GTA V in reality?

GTA V? Heard from my friends who got it that it sucks. And the online seems like the worst thing I've ever seen.

Still, it's still GTA and it's playable so at least it deserves a 6/10.

Around the Network

Seeing as this is my most succesful thread to date made my day. I'm actually having a pretty shitty day but the small things can bring a smile even if it's a bit dumb. Thanks guys.

Sleeping Dogs > GTA V.

Well my gf not only beat it, but is replaying it again with the intent of getting nothing but gold medals in every mission.

That said, the hype was justified.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

daredevil.shark said:
Sleeping Dogs > GTA V.

I was a big GTA nut for years, but I kinda agree with you. The story and the mechanics of Sleeping Dogs were better. Even the leveling up and the abilities were a nice touch. It's time for Rockstar needs to rethink and redo the GTA formula for the next game. IMO, Sleeping Dogs looked more simpler inside it's huge world. I thought GTA V was good, but they need to simplify what's complex (dialogue, mechanics, controls) and add more depth to where it needs it (abilities, environment, open world). Story wise, they need to stop the unnecessary relationships that won't lead anywhere and add more believable and developed drama. Maybe it's asking too much, but they've made many games; they need to know what works and what doesn't.

Around the Network

10/10 - probably the defining game of the generation. A masterpiece

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

A good game and a lot better than its predecessor,but that metacritic... not even close, 90 at most.

GTA V had the worst cast of characters, and the story was garbage compared to GTA IV.

The world and gameplay was the best in the series though (Still, I hated having to switch between 3 characters, all of which sucked)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
GTA V had the worst cast of characters, and the story was garbage compared to GTA IV.

The world and gameplay was the best in the series though (Still, I hated having to switch between 3 characters, all of which sucked)

For real? The characters were better than in any previous GTA game in my opinion

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
VanceIX said:

For real? The characters were better than in any previous GTA game in my opinion

Trevor sickened me, I know they were try to make it funny or whatever but his charactter was just disgusting, even for GTA standards.

Franklin was there just to be there, he had almost no relevance to the story.

Michael was the only decent character, but his family problems got really old, really fast.

Really, Trevor was what ruined the cast for me. I guess I wanted another Niko-quality character, but instead we got 3 different 1-dimensional characters. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC