By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that the hype has died off, how good was GTA V in reality?

gta4ever said:
PenguinZ said:

It's the best GTA to date in terms of mechanics and the game world, though I still had favor Vice City and San Andreas just a bit more. I'd probably give it a 9/10.

I will say that the torture mission was over the line, even for GTA... It actually made me put down the game for a few days.

Torturing is bad but killing innocent people is fine? :D Game is OK, but you have a problem. Did you know, almost every police man in game has a wife and kids? And they are alone now :(

I acknowledge that there's plenty of horrible things you can do in GTA, but that mission honestly made me sick to my stomach... I can't help that I had that reaction, it just happened. I guess a line was crossed at that moment.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
gta4ever said:
The best game ever!!! 10/10 for sure. But it is not fair because another 10/10 games are worse. GTA forever :D

...what?

Anyway I'd say it was decent. The term "style over substance" comes to mind when thinking of the game.

It is GTA. Many things and so many problems. If you can love San andreas, GTA V can be the best game ever. San andreas has many weird things, but it was masterpiece in many ways. Good things in GTA V are too good that it is simply the best :) Other games looks really poor against GTA V.