By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

Augen said:
Faxanadu said:
Surprised by PS4 numbers. What happened?

Infamous and stock availability come to mind.

and MGS:GZ

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Ka-pi96 said:

3ds had Mario Party Island Tour release in Japan this week, but 3ds is only a little up by about 4k so nothing huge.

Ah, so that's what it was. The Japanese were really liking that bad entry into the Mario Party series on COMG. I wonder what it's first week sales were considering this.

Roughly 120k, im too lazy to check the actual number

Looks like Xbox might pull away with March NPD since Sony has to supply all those European countries. Xbox had the bigger boost and will most likely the lowest drop between TF and inFamous 2nd week. That limited price drop is helping.

EB1994 said:
Faxanadu said:

inFAMOUS.

sTOCK. ;P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Amazing X1 holding above 100k. Simply amazing on its own terms. Taking 2nd place gonna be much easier then PS3 taking it was lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:
Faxanadu said:

inFAMOUS.

sTOCK. ;P

You can keep saying that but stock wasn't the only factor for high sales.

sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:
Faxanadu said:

inFAMOUS.

sTOCK. ;P

You are correct, all of that inFAMOUS sTOCK =P

Ahh there's the reality check! Awesome PS4 sales, over 200k, now that's a boost! :)

Welfare said:

Damn XOne holding over 100k. If the PS4 stock and Infamous+MGS didn't sway people from buying a Xbox, we could see it still over 100k next week.

Edit: At this rate, the Xbox One should outsell the Wii U easily by the end of 2014.

Wii U has 2-3 system sellers this year, especially Mario Kart 8 and SSB, on the other hand, XB1 has...Halo 2 Remake, i dont think it'll outsell wii U by the end of the year 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

sTOCK. ;P

You can keep saying that but stock wasn't the only factor for high sales.

I can and will. We both know it was the #1 factor and Infamous was never a system seller. This game is no game changer to the IP either. So I stand by my opinion.