By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you think is OWNING EVERYONE at GDC so far?

daactualfact said:

After the first day and today, who do you think is murdering? I mean, in the honest truth and you guys know it too, Nintendo is seems to be winning at GDC right now! Wiiware date, Wiifit dated, Nintendo is finally treating Europe with love and releasing MKWii for Europe before Ameica! New wiiware game that will definitely be another hit game on Wiiware!!!! Sony may be saving most of their stuff for E3.

Killzone 2 is looking nice but it will suck! Resistance 2, imo, will be 08's best shooter!!! (and that's saying alot when you go against Gears 2 and Cod5 but it may suck since it's BACK 2 WWII AGAIN!!!!) tREYARCH MESSES THINGS UP! Sony has a lot more in store though to keep up with Nintendo!

MS is really puzzling me. The only thing interesting is the Gears 2 release but I left the 360 side for good so what else? No offense, but I see this as more of a Ps3 verses Wii battle with 360 3rd.

your takes on gdc 08 so far?

You're so right! Ninja Gaiden 2 will suck monkey balls, and we all know Fable will be horrible!

/sarcasm 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ Daactualfact

Are you an actual human being?

I loled.

Neither GDC nor E3 nor any other big convention is an actual competition, but they all grab a lot of media attention. The company that grabs the most media attention can be said to be a 'winner' of better PR than its competitors.

I'd say MS is the front-runner, mostly just for getting the keynote. Nintendo is close behind for promoting Wii Fit and Mario Kart, along with some delicious details for WiiWare. Sony has been pretty quiet so far, but the week's not over yet. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@Nyanks

that was embarassing! lol that was so damn funny!

@AoA
skip Weezy!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
daactualfact said:
Nicrosoft dont seem to have anything that would be "OMG PS3 AND WII ARE DEAD". It's more of "Good job MS, but you still can't get Sony or Nintendo".

Sony saves ammo for later then blasts! Nintendo has learned the error of their ways from the Gamecube days.

How? By announcing their games three years in advance then delaying them until 90% of the entire public has lost interest? Great strategery.

daactualfact said:

Killzone 2 is looking nice but it will suck! Resistance 2, imo, will be 08's best shooter!!! (and that's saying alot when you go against Gears 2 and Cod5 but it may suck since it's BACK 2 WWII AGAIN!!!!) tREYARCH MESSES THINGS UP! Sony has a lot more in store though to keep up with Nintendo!

Okay first of all you accused me of flamebait in previous threads I've made. You can't just go saying a game will suck when theres barely any gameplay footage of it. Give Killzone 2 a chance, I guarentee you Geurilla Games will put more into this title than they did Killzone 1.

The only good thing in your post is Resistance 2 will be the best, or one of the best shooters.

Back on topic: Killzone 2 is looking nice and I THINK it will be great. Resistance 2 will rock. Gears 2 will be big for some people even though I'm not a fan of the series. CoD5 had better not be fu***ng WWII although theres lots of talk about that happening.

Around the Network

@godbless

how did you manage to make what I said trolling? those will be good games. duh! They're just not mindblowing like what Nintendo and Sony will have to counter.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

@coolestguyever

sorry if I was sounding like that. Also, yes it will be WWII. Go to wikipedia. It says so. But hey, at least it will be in the Pacific! (you know, near Japan and Cali and all.) TREYARCH SUCK ASS!

True Genius

@DE85

Sony makes up for that by showing a shitload of commercials for the game. (remember burnout paradise last month? the commercial came on about 10 times a morning and like 30 times a day!)

It's just like how Nintendo shows over a billion Wii commercials a week! But that's how you make money!

True Genius

Gears of War II was, in my opinion, easily the biggest announcement of the conference.

Therefore, I'd say MS, followed by Nintendo, followed by Sony.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

@daactualfact

I think you missed my point. Blitzing commercials, and announcing games years ahead of time cannot possibly be construed as "saving ammo for later." It's trying to get as much hype and recognition as you can right now.