By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can a Video Game Make You Racist? New Study Says Yes. (The hell?)

Ssenkahdavic said:
Video games made me racist again Aliens.

If ancient alien theory is to be believed, then its the aliens who are racist

Around the Network

I blame Resident Evil 5.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

If you are referring to the show on H2. That dude with the crazy hair is my hero.

It depends on the person themselves, not the game.

Actually my first responce when I see a german, russian or arabic is to pull my gun and headshot them.. that's what I learned from videogames.. also robots and aliens..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

I can understand your feelings, Thief 1 made me racist against zombies and Hexen did the same against swamp monsters lurking underwater.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ssenkahdavic said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

If you are referring to the show on H2. That dude with the crazy hair is my hero.

Giorgio Tsoukalos

fps_d0minat0r said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Giorgio Tsoukalos

Good show.  It tries very unsuccesfully to curb my racism towards Aliens caused by Video Games.

Sounds very plausible, I'm afraid.

Has anyone of you actually done one of these "implicit association tests"?

That's a very interesting psychological test for example for testing racism, or negative/positive attitudes towards certain groups in general. Unlike surveys that rely on people giving honest answers etc., these tests give very objective results and require quite a bit of practice in order to successfully cheat them.

The somewhat unpleasant conclusion from IATs however is that despite what people claim, most people have racist attitudes.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Bullshit!!!