By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo needs new IPs now more than ever

They need more JRPG IP's.

Around the Network

Since the N64 era? What about all the new IP on the Gamecube? Eternal Darkness, Odama, Baten Kaitos, Geist, Chibi-Robo, Pikmin, MOTHERFUCKING ANIMAL CROSSING. Luigi's Mansion certainly isn't a sequel to any Mario game I know of, it's totally its own IP. Cubivore and Doshin the Giant never made it to America, but they were new. Gamecube had shit tons of new IP, and some of it really caught on, while others have impressive cult followings. And that's just the console games. GBA got some new stuff too. So did the DS. Wii had it's fair share too, and not just casual games. Operation Rainfall is a testament to that. This gen is just starting, and Nintendo has had trouble developing any games, much less new ones, due to fumbling the transition to HD. I notice you conveniently left out Nintendo Land. And don't say that isn't new, it would be like saying Super Smash Bros. isn't its own IP because it has other Nintendo characters. In a single year on the market, Wii U has gotten 2 new retail released IPs, with more on the way. Assuming Nintendo keeps up the pace, we could have as many as 10 new IPs from them before Wii U is discontinued. And this is just counting totally new IPs and not spin offs that could become their own series, and we have a few of those coming too. Nintendo is doing a fine job of releasing new IPs, you're just refusing to count them, and expecting too much of them.

It's easy for others to come up with new IP's... they don't already have 100+ to chose from like Nintendo

And when they finally come up with new ones the fans won't buy them beacuse they are not Mario,Zelda,metroid etc etc

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Especially Nintendo needs MUCH more Shooters and other Action games!
When looking at US Preorder-Charts I can not say anything different.

Action, Shooter, Action, Action, Action, Action, Shooter, Action and so on ^^

HipHopGodd said:
Nintendo has needed new IPs since 1996. But because consumers Bought their old, dated stuff and kept telling them how great all the old,dated, washed up stuff is they didn't have to make a change. Now that they're failing maybe they'll see the light. Hopefully...
I used to be a huge Nintendo fan. But then I realized that I was going up and they weren't. One thing that gets me is that people are so nostalgic about their games that they just leave every element out and say "Well, it's fun". Well yeah, sure, many games are fun but sometimes people just want something more.

You are soon old enough to appreciate Nintendo again. See you in a couple of years.

Around the Network
DaAndy said:

Especially Nintendo needs MUCH more Shooters and other Action games!
When looking at US Preorder-Charts I can not say anything different.

Action, Shooter, Action, Action, Action, Action, Shooter, Action and so on ^^

Preorders mostly made by forum dwellers? Cause it selldom translates to stellar sales.

AshKetchum1992 said:

What JRPG results in great sales except for Final Fantasy?

baloofarsan said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Dragon Quest,Monster Hunter,Pokemon,Kingdom Hearts.

CleggaZ said:
baloofarsan said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Nintendo has MH in the west, and MH & DQ in Japan, and KH on 3DS. so maybe they could get all of them. Probably not FF though.

baloofarsan said:
CleggaZ said:
baloofarsan said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Nintendo has MH in the west, and MH & DQ in Japan, and KH on 3DS. so maybe they could get all of them. Probably not FF though.

At best they could get a new FF Crystal Chronicles or other Spin-offs.