By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gay Arkansas student says his profile was pulled from yearbook

Do you think it's a big deal if a single person comes out?

Yes 19 12.75%

No 109 73.15%

In my community it would be. 9 6.04%

Maybe. 7 4.70%

Other (in comments) 5 3.36%

Total:149

Schools tend to be more conservative than average bc they want students to walk the line, all kinds of problems result when students act out of bounds. But hopefully, a kids sexuality will be an exception to this. Another point to consider is that the schools might have been sincerely protective, bc kids can be really homophobic unfortunately.

Around the Network

To answer your poll, it shouldn't be, but it surely is :(

ehh I dunno if a profile on someone being gay is necessarily appropriate for high school... I mean you wouldn't put out a profile for someone saying they would like to have or having sex with whatever gender... I mean its a yearbook not someone's propaganda pedestal...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

uuuugggghhhh...Arkansas...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Good, some one has to make a stand and at least try stop this virus from spreading... what better place to start than at school. Seriously Vladimir Putin would applaud this move, we gotta look out for the kids.

After all Vladimir Putin understands that the best way to slow down the spread of this virus is to stop any and all forms of propaganda that 'could' potentially corrupt the minds of children.

We've all herd the old saying "Sacrifice a few and save a thousand". I know it's a bitter pill swallow, but please understand some times small sacrifices have to be made for the greater good of society.

Look, it's ok for gay people to exist and come out to family and friends, there is no issue with this and I will never condone violence against them, but please understand that this is a PRIVATE matter that should only ever involve direct family and friends, this private matter should NOT be made public....trying to make it public comes across like you have an agenda or something, this to me IS propaganda and it's this that I am against!

I know there will be allot of people who will hate my comments but you know what? it's OK to have different opinions. I for one will not be coerced into silence by the overly sensitive and Politically correct people on this forum.

We live in a time were we value the freedom of speech no matter if it's something you like or not, any form of censorship on this freedom will only serve to destroy it. If you value this freedom as much as I do, and hate censorship just as much, then voice your own opinions on this matter rather than trying to censor anyone's opinion you do not agree with.

Note:
I am an Atheist so please do not confuse me for a religious person, my views are my own...in case you didn't already know, Atheism says nothing about this topic or any other, Atheism is simply the disbelief of a God/deity.

Around the Network

They got read of serveal yearbook pics and they were not not homosexuals from what I read. Do we know anything about him besides being a homosexual? Let's not jump to conclusions. We should wait for all details.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

jake_the_fake1 said:
Good, some one has to make a stand and at least try stop this virus from spreading... what better place to start than at school. Seriously Vladimir Putin would applaud this move, we gotta look out for the kids.

After all Vladimir Putin understands that the best way to slow down the spread of this virus is to stop any and all forms of propaganda that 'could' potentially corrupt the minds of children.

We've all herd the old saying "Sacrifice a few and save a thousand". I know it's a bitter pill swallow, but please understand some times small sacrifices have to be made for the greater good of society.

Look, it's ok for gay people to exist and come out to family and friends, there is no issue with this and I will never condone violence against them, but please understand that this is a PRIVATE matter that should only ever involve direct family and friends, this private matter should NOT be made public....trying to make it public comes across like you have an agenda or something, this to me IS propaganda and it's this that I am against!

I know there will be allot of people who will hate my comments but you know what? it's OK to have different opinions. I for one will not be coerced into silence by the overly sensitive and Politically correct people on this forum.

We live in a time were we value the freedom of speech no matter if it's something you like or not, any form of censorship on this freedom will only serve to destroy it. If you value this freedom as much as I do, and hate censorship just as much, then voice your own opinions on this matter rather than trying to censor anyone's opinion you do not agree with.

Note:
I am an Atheist so please do not confuse me for a religious person, my views are my own...in case you didn't already know, Atheism says nothing about this topic or any other, Atheism is simply the disbelief of a God/deity.

Could the same not be said of all sexuality?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Note:

Could the same not be said of all sexuality?

That was probably the intention some of these inbred yocals would love to hurt a gay kid bc the litttle homo might feel attracted to them. Can you see the school's perspective?

jake_the_fake1 said:

Note:

yeah you value the freedom of speech... but did they value his freedom of speech XD

and since you value the freedom of speech.. you should value his freedom of speech too... right????? 

LOL

Zappykins said:
Those of you that said Maybe in the poll, please explain.

I purposely made it say 'single' person because I think it's a big deal if a married person come out and that doesn't need an explanation. But like if my single friend or neighbor came out, I would be like, 'Ok, thanks for sharing, want to play Sports Rivals?'

It might no be a big deal to you, but it's often a big deal for the person who is doing the coming out, whether he's married or not.