By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Infamous is a flop: why did Sucker Punch fail?

I really hope that's sarcasm.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

60 from Metro GameCentral, damn. Must be really a flop.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm not surprised. 81 is a pretty good rating for a game of the profile that this is. It seems like the fans of the franchise really like it yet it hasn't achieved a wide degree of mainstream notoriety. Things like that tend to be rated like this, because the average reviewer doesn't have an insider's perspective. The insiders all think it's underrated, but sometimes its a matter of 'if the average person liked it as much as you, it would be more popular.' Lot of bands are like that.

Wii U still the only current gen console with a 90+ exclusive...who's the next challenger? :P

(obviously kidding, infamous looks to be exactly what people expected and that is a good thing)

Its not a flop, just overhyped

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

*first Post**

If this is a serious thread then, although i haven't played the game yet (my copy arrives tomorrow - hopefully but god knows when it'll get played as i'm still busy with Assassins Creed Black Flag and South Park) but I hope the scoring is accurate as they are way too lenient on marking (especially AAA titles ) these days, if they all get 98% then how are we meant to know which is the best.

I'd like to see more games score 80% ish (not by getting worse quality obviously but harsher scoring) so when a game does get over 80% we truly do know we have a must buy on our hands. "Must Buy", "Unmissable" and "first Day Purchase" are terms thrown around waaay too much in my opinion.

ps3-sales! said:

Simple question, difficult answer. With the recent metacritic reviews coming in Infamous Second Son has an average of 81; or a flop by AAA game standards. Where did Sucker Punch go wrong? It's obvious that the 54 critics on metacritic all agreed with one thing: The story sucks. 

It's a shame really. But I guess with Titanfall failing to be a great game with a score of 90+, we should have expected this. The next gen simply isn't very next gen if it can't even produce 90+ games on Metacritic because as we all know; great games must have at least a 90+ score to be great. 

Put simply: Infamous: Second Son is a flop; as is Titanfall. I guess we're still waiting for the first truely "next gen game". 

Discuss why Infamous is a flop in your opinion. 

*Disclaimer: I have not played infamous nor Titanfall. I am simply assuming they are bad games based on their subpar 90 meta-scores as most gamers should*

Kotaku raved about both games, with a scoring system designed to render Metacritc ineffective.  Is Kotaku now gaming's favorite review site???

The same thing happened when Infamous 2 came out. People screamed flop and it got a slightly lower Metacritic score than the first game. All that is happening here is Infamous 1 set the bar for the series so high, that the HYPE train is out of control. Like the first 2 Infamous games, I am sure this one will be great also.  Titanfall is excellent too.  Neither of these games are flops and they will both sell extremely well.

Just couldn't quite match masterpiece that is TitanFall like some expected it would. Sony's studios not named Naughty Dog or Media Molecule are just pretty average studios and I love their games but critically they are just mediocre.

this thread is a flop. I for one can't wait to get my hands on the game. that's all that matters to me.