By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [2014 Worst Company In America](Updated 2) BofA and Monsanto move on; Paypal is out

Updated

Around the Network
Djoeru said:
It's funny, video games companies on the same list and compared with ;
-Banks that just ruin the world, not a big deal.
-Monsanto who poison the whole earth with his chemical shits that are everywhere in our food and who use force and private milices to implant itself in many countries.
-And may i ask where the fuck are the oil and gas corporations ? ExxonMobil ??? Oh yeah, they are only responsible of half the wars that ever existed in the last century and still today but hey, at least they don't make bad video games.

What's wrong with Monsanto? GMO is totally necessary if the human species is going to be able to keep feeding itself with an increasing population.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

You know I've been studying here in the US for college for 3 years now and I can understand why some of these companies are on this list, but some I don't get at all.

Like I've heard a lot of bad things about Bank of America but why is Chase and Citibank bad? I've never heard people complain about those banks.

Then I'm just like wtf is Koch and SallieMae lol.

And because I live in the dorms I dont use cable service like Time Warner or Comcast or DirecTV so I dont get why theyre bad.

Lastly I dont get how PayPal eBay can be that bad.

radishhead said:

What's wrong with Monsanto? GMO is totally necessary if the human species is going to be able to keep feeding itself with an increasing population.

Firstly Monsanto isn't only about GMO, this firm is a google-like but in the chemical industries. It's a giant tentacular empire and most of the people absolutely ignore that its everywhere in their life because the Monsanto name never appears on the final product labels (for a reason).

I won't name all the products because it's endless, just a few examples ;

-Food ; almost every big multinational corporations uses their product ; Coca, Nestle, Kraft, Kelloggs... since all these multinational firms have all multiples subsidiaries, at the end of the day their product are in everyone's plate.
One of their product is the aspartame which according many studies would cause cancer.

-Pesticides ; Roundup, Lasso, Agent Orange (Famous for its use in the Vietnam War...) all very toxic products that caused and still does countless health scandales all across the world for over an half-century. Millions of cancers and indirect deaths and environmental catastrophes everywhere.

I will pass on the the dioxin scandals, the PCBs catastrophes, the bovine Growth hormone story etc. once again it's countless.

But when i said their products are everywhere in our life i didn't only mean in our kitchen and garden. Baby diapers, shower gel, shampoo, deodorant etc. and in most of the cleaning products too.

I didn't even mention once yet the huge GMO problem, and you can already see that this company is everything but  working for the sake of the human race.
It's all good in theory but the reality behind is very ugly. Go ask in South America what they think about monsanto and their GMO.  In lots of their countries Monsanto simply used force, they imposed their products to the farmers. If they complain and are not happy with that, then Monsanto's private milices (armed of course) would come to explain them why it's better to cooperate. They use the fact they are in complete monopoly and all their power (money) to circumvent all the law and rules all across the world.

Now the funny thing is, once a field as been contamined with GMO it becomes irreversible and quickly out of control. Because of the animals, insects and wind which will make it spread and grow into every field in the neighbourhood.
And then the nature has been destroyed and you've the obligation to use Monsanto's products to keep working and producing food. So i let you imagine the situation of these harmless farmer in South America and elsewhere. Moreover the cases of cancer have significantly grown for these people.

Let alone the fact there isn't enough hindsight yet to be sure of the long terms effect of eating GMO but yet they already want GMO everywhere for everyone !

Now let's imagine Monsanto's great (for their wallet) project of GMO has finally concretised. Do you think it's healthy, normal and good for the human race that all the food in the world will be in the hands of a few people. The leaders of monsanto would simply be able to decide who is allowed to live and who isn't. A company with the only purpose of making profit and who absolutely don't give a fuck about peoples health, peoples rights and environments, to controle the whole worlwide food production. Right i don't see what could possibly go wrong with that ! 

So in conclusion, please don't think that if millions of people call Monsanto the devil it is just because they are some idiots against progess. This company is really something we should all be scared of. I recommend you to watch some documentaries on the subject, and not the ones supported by Monsanto itself obviously. There are a lot of good ones where you can see the farmers to talk about their problems for example. And all the scandales, the power of their lobby on the medias, politics etc. It's unbelievable how such criminals can still do what they do in complete impunity.

Djoeru said:
radishhead said:

I'll see if I can find a documentary or something

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Three out of the four that I predict will be in the final four made it to the next round already. I helped McDonalds to advance I voted for them a couple of time not that Target is a lot better but they still are a bit better to their employees then McDonalds.

Looks like the political crowd got the vote in for Koch, if anyone has a student loan through sallie mae, they didnt vote for Koch, Sallie Mae is by far worst.

radishhead said:
Djoeru said:
radishhead said:

I'll see if I can find a documentary or something

Yeah, Monsanto is actually a huge, and very ugly company.  It's not only that the areas become overcome with GMO's, it's that when cross-pollination occurs, Monsanto literally owns the plants and seeds.  Monsanto v Schmeiser 1998 is where the precedent was first set, I think.  There's another precedent they set, where you cannot re-use second generation seeds.  That is, if you legally purchase their seeds, any seeds that fall from plants as a result, cannot be used again.  All because, they've actually managed to get a patent on genes.

Has to be either Koch or Walmart.

Koch misleads people and is involved in some very dirty industries while Walmart treats their workers like shit, they are in leagues with each other. They would get on very well I imagine

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I can already tell you that LuluLemon isn't going to move to the second round, unless a bunch of cameltoe hating Baptists are the only voters