By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developer: PS 4 VR Headset is BETTER than Oculus Rift. - First Demos : Thief,EVE....

I hope it doesn't make you nauseous

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Physically taxing - Wii Fit sold more than 20 million copies.  So, I guess that was a failure. 

Look like a fool - really a lot of people still think that gaming(period) is for kids.  It's getting better, but I don't get your complaints at all.  

You are just deviating the conversation. The Wii is nothing like this.

Whether or not Sony can make this economically feasible for high enough adoption rates, or even how well it works remains to be seen. That being said I'll give them credit for 1) How long it appears to have been in development. I'd hate for them to be rushing something and 2) How well the move, light sensor in the DS4, and camera seem to play a role in this. Clearly this was intentional on their part, and that long term planning of such things may give them an advantage against the competition.

Nem said:

The Wii doesnt make you look like a total fool. Its very similar to handling a TV remote. Nor is it taxing... unless you have really weak arms.

Well whatever... if you need to see the thing come out and fail, then so be it. I dont much care anyways, i know it will be a waste of money.

So you just haven't tried it and know you won't like it.

Glad we got to the bottom of this.

Nem said:
vivster said:
JoeTheBro said:

I'm worried about how you handle your tv remotes...

I'm more worried about the fact, that he doesn't feel silly swinging a Wiimote.

Fine... make you silly jokes. This will still fail. Wether you like it or not.

Are you looking forward to having that thing in your head for long periods of time? Are you looking forward to your friends looking at you with that? Are you looking forward at your vision loss? I guess so... cause you are already beeing blind.

I am already wearing glasses and big headphones and my eyes can't really get any worse. A VR device will not even be a bit less convenient than my situation is right now. It'll actually be better because of the closer screen :)

I already played Move with my friends and we had tons of fun. I don't really get your point. Seems very personal issues to you that you seem to apply to everyone.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Nem said:

The Wii doesnt make you look like a total fool. Its very similar to handling a TV remote. Nor is it taxing... unless you have really weak arms.

Well whatever... if you need to see the thing come out and fail, then so be it. I dont much care anyways, i know it will be a waste of money.

So you just haven't tried it and know you won't like it.

Glad we got to the bottom of this.

Another sigh at you. First, what i do or dont do is irrelevant for the sucess of the product. I am trying to read what the general population will draw from it.

At the end of the day, is it not a screen strapped around your head right in front of your eyes? That is the main hurdle right there. You dont pass that hurdle, the product fails. Even if its the most awesome screen ever.

vivster said:
Nem said:

Are you looking forward to having that thing in your head for long periods of time? Are you looking forward to your friends looking at you with that? Are you looking forward at your vision loss? I guess so... cause you are already beeing blind.

I am already wearing glasses and big headphones and my eyes can't really get any worse. A VR device will not even be a bit less convenient than my situation is right now. It'll actually be better because of the closer screen :)

Yes it can get worse. You can get blind. -.-

Sony working with NASA? Is this why Naughty dog visited the SpaceX?

Nem said:
vivster said:
Nem said:

Yes it can get worse. You can get blind. -.-

I work in IT. My job is to stare at multiple screens for 8 hours a day. On my way home I stare at my smartphone screen. When I get home I stare at screens until I go to bed. You think I'm afraid of just one more silly little device?

By the way my eyes were at their worst before I started in IT. Condition didn't change for the last years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I wonder what a VR Killzone would be like using the Move.