By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do people realize it's almost impossible to kill a douopoly console? (SONY/MS/XBox One)

Well your way too young to realize how much of an impact Halo 1 and 2 made when they where released and on gaming in general on top of that you live in the wrong region to realize how important the original XBox was. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Well your way too young to realize how much of an impact Halo 1 and 2 made when they where released and on gaming in general on top of that you live in the wrong region to realize how important the original XBox was. 

Really ? Your seriously going to use age against me when you don't even know who I am in real life ? I'll say this much that I'm an adult and can make an informed outlook but that's as far as it goes. 

The original xbox was IRRELEVANT for the most part and nothing can change that including halo. BTW I'm also a fan of halo too but I'm not oblivious to the fact that the original xbox was a failure all around. 

fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Really ? Your seriously going to use age against me when you don't even know who I am in real life ? I'll say this much that I'm an adult and can make an informed outlook but that's as far as it goes. 

The original xbox was IRRELEVANT for the most part and nothing can change that including halo. BTW I'm also a fan of halo too but I'm not oblivious to the fact that the original xbox was a failure all around. 

Just admit you're wrong, brother. You'll feel better.

Yeah, right now Sony and MS do trounce Nintendo in weekly home console sales, but how long will this last? You do realize that Sony is in serious trouble, right? Add to the fact that Nintendo is now considered a bigger company than the ENTIRETY of Sony. Microsoft, however, is literally made of money, so they'll be around potentially forever.

So this is all basically to defend xbox? Wow...

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
Chris Hu said:

How can you say that "facts" are wrong ? 

The nerve of the hardcore stigmatized gaming community around here to call these so called "FACTS" wrong LOL.

Microsoft makes no money from it's Xbox division, so they wouldn't be in any trouble if they dropped it or sold it off if Sony utterly destroys them in sales (probably won't get to that point, but just saying). It's not even a duopoly yet, you can't just instantly count out the Wii U. No one expected Sega to die either. No company is immune to the market. Even the Playstation brand could be damaged if Sony loses too much money. You just can't predict the market.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Tagging for later.

Figgycal said:
Chris Hu said:

How can you say that "facts" are wrong ? 

The nerve of the hardcore stigmatized gaming community around here to call these so called "FACTS" wrong LOL.

It's hard to argue that Xbox was relevant and GameCube was not, is the long and short of it. To claim that Xbox was relevant is to acknowledge that GameCube was, while to deny GameCube's relevance is to deny Xbox's. It's pretty straightforward. The growing concept that this MS-Sony "duopoly" extends back to the 6th generation is absurd at best.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

What you fail to realize is that Halo and Halo 2 actually had a bigger impact on gaming than anything released on the Gamecube or PS2.  I highly doubt that FPS would have been as popular on the 360 and PS3 without those two games and I don't even like FPS and rarely play them.