By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The PS4 Is Kicking Xbox One's Arse

Tagged games:

halil23 said:
Totally agree with Jim.
Sad to see those gamers wannabe disagreeing him though, only if they open their eyes...

You sort of speak my language.  Nice.

Around the Network

Even better question: why is the Wii U kicking XBox One's butt?

And yeah, before anyone jumps in with the predictable "Wait until killer game XYZ comes out," bear in mind that the Wii U also has plenty of killer games/properties in the pipeline (SSB, Mario Kart, etc) so that's meaningless.

Just watched the video. Could shoot tons of holes in his arguments. Nintendo has never charged for access to Netflix and online services so that argument is bunk. The indie games thing sounds good but Steam pulverizes any console in that area so indie game fans are not coming to consoles. I'm not sure why that would matter.

I'm sticking with my theory: I think the incessant hardware problems of the 360 left a really bad taste in the mouths of a lot of gamers and people are generally steering away from the XBox this time around. I know no shortage of people who have bought multiple XBox 360s or have been on the Microsoft support/repair treadmill (me included) and have come to despise Microsoft. MS damaged the XBox brand more severely than people seem to realize and if you think that's a trivial thing, ask yourself why companies literally spend 100s of millions of dollars building their brand image. It matters and few XBox 360 owners I've talked to have any plans to buy an XBox One.

I'm really surprised the tech and game press isn't exploring that a little more in their head-scratching over why PS4 is winning. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Talk to people outside your normal hardcore gaming circles and you'll hear it.

If the PS4 was $100 cheaper than the One it would destroy it in sales ... Oh wait... That's reality and justifiable not make believe and wishful thinking.

"If the PS4 was $100 cheaper than the One it would destroy it in sales ... Oh wait... That's reality and justifiable not make believe and wishful thinking. "

Extending your logic, why hasn't the Wii U outsold the PS4 then?

Around the Network
AndreRichards said:
Even better question: why is the Wii U kicking XBox One's butt?

And yeah, before anyone jumps in with the predictable "Wait until killer game XYZ comes out," bear in mind that the Wii U also has plenty of killer games/properties in the pipeline (SSB, Mario Kart, etc) so that's meaningless.

@bolded: WHERE?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
Price is 95% of it.

saying anything else is delusional.

But they are the same price. Do you mean One should be cheaper than PS4?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
Price is 95% of it.

Gold! 

random15 said:
kowenicki said:
Price is 95% of it.

Gold! 

The dangers of talking without knowledge of a situation.

kowenicki said:
Price is 95% of it.