By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your thoughts on the Tomb Raider Reboot?

Tagged games:

^^

Amazing 25 27.17%

Great 32 34.78%

Good 16 17.39%

Decent 7 7.61%

Medriocre 8 8.70%

Bad 2 2.17%

Terrible 2 2.17%

Total:92
d21lewis said:

I kinda want to go back and play Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld and re-experience their lore but, as I said before, this game does it for me. It's the most accessible and dumbed down Tomb Raider of them all but I still felt like I was surviving and exploring a hostile environment. It changes a lot of things but, in the end, it's loyal to the source. Think of it as the JJ Abrams' Star Trek of the Tomb Raider world.

.....And I really liked the new Star Trek.

You're right, IT IS like JJ Abrams' Star Trek, specially 2nd movie ;)

As a Trek fan, I more or less enjoyed 1st one, it remained ST enough, 2nd was pants though for me.

Around the Network

9.2/10
brilliant.

Having played Tomb Raider after TLOU, I felt that the 2 games were really similar in many aspects.

Those 2 games have a really similar gameplay, almost as if Naughty dogs had taken ideas from TR like:

- XP leveling for weapons similar
- XP leveling for skills (not similar but still)
- Stealth mode similar and identical stealth elimination (same button triangle)
- Special vision (same button L2)
- Many historical stuff to find (well this is common in many games I admit like the Batman serie)

d21lewis said:
I loved the old Tomb Raider games but good lord. That was a franchise where you knew what to do, had the knowledge of how to do it, and then died because it was so horrible to control! A lot of people wanted a more streamlined game and, with Legend, we got it. People complained about it, too. A lot felt it had too much action and flash and not enough exploration. To me, Legend was the Tomb Raider game I always wanted.

I kinda want to go back and play Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld and re-experience their lore but, as I said before, this game does it for me. It's the most accessible and dumbed down Tomb Raider of them all but I still felt like I was surviving and exploring a hostile environment. It changes a lot of things but, in the end, it's loyal to the source. Think of it as the JJ Abrams' Star Trek of the Tomb Raider world.

.....And I really liked the new Star Trek.

That's practically the reason why I wasn't a fan of the original series and never finished a TR game before (aside from Legend). I would spend like 15 minutes trying to figure out some puzzle, and when I found out what I had to do, my hands would get sweaty because I was so nervous on making the leap. I would fail and fall to my death or something.

Legend was pretty awesome, and I loved that you weren't safe while climbing. The platforming in Uncharted is scripted, so there's no pose of threat while climbing. I enjoyed the bits I played of Underworld, but the jumping controls kind of sucked. Maybe it was just me.

@global, I haven't played TLOU yet, but now you got me interested.