By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If EA isn't Going to Sell Titanfall Publishing Rights to MS Then They are Probably Thinking About how to get the IP onto Playstation ASAP, so...

Nem said:

You dont know the terms of the contract. They may only have the rights to the first game. It might also be a timed contract.

As far as I know, this is exactly the case. Can't find the original source for that, could have been Vince Zampella himself or someone else, but I honestly can't find it.

I only found this reddit comment.

Anyway, assuming this is true, Respawn is free to go with Titanfall 2. And going by Zampella's reaction to the exclusivity deal, just like the comment describes, I doubt any Titanfall sequel will be exclusive.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Why is there such an obsession among some PS fans when it comes to Titanfall? These threads are getting quite tiresome...

They took our Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear...

We took their Bungie, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, Elder Scrolls...

Because Revenge is INFINITE!!!!!

But no seriously, I don't actually give two shits about Titanfall on PS4. I just can't condone a game that doesn't even have offline/singleplayer. If I am going to spend $60 on a game I need to know that my enjoyment is not dependant upon other people. If my internet is down and I am feeling anti social I want to still enjoy my game. Yet it can only be a good thing for PS4 owners who are interesting and is one less reason to get an XBO over PS4 in this Console War. Its the only notable XBO exclusive that we know for sure is coming this year. Insominiac's Sunset Overdrive might be cool......it won't be an event like Titanfall is, neither will Quantum Break if Alan Wake is any indication(ironically these sorts of games mostly do well on Playstation). MS might have something for this holiday come E3.....yet that we don't know. Titanfall is its life line.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:

But no seriously, I don't actually give two shits about Titanfall on PS4. I just can't condone a game that doesn't even have offline/singleplayer. If I am going to spend $60 on a game I need to know that my enjoyment is not dependant upon other people. If my internet is down and I am feeling anti social I want to still enjoy my game. Yet it can only be a good thing for PS4 owners who are interesting and is one less reason to get an XBO over PS4 in this Console War. Its the only notable XBO exclusive that we know for sure is coming this year. Insominiac's Sunset Overdrive might be cool......it won't be an event like Titanfall is, neither will Quantum Break if Alan Wake is any indication(ironically these sorts of games mostly do well on Playstation). MS might have something for this holiday come E3.....yet that we don't know. Titanfall is its life line.

I agree with this statement, there are times when i just dont feel like dealing with asshats, but still wanna play the game, ie BF4 i have played the offline more then online, i also agree that those other games are typically PS centric style games but its good for the Xbone to get a better array of games, that was one of the reasons i went with the PS4 is its exclusive list is a wider variety of genres.  Quantum Break looks like a cool concept but i dont trust the developer the last game they made i enjoyed was over 11 years ago with Max Payne i did not like alan wake at all.  and Sunset Overdrive in my opnion looks dumb and is nowhere near my cup of tea.

All depends on how well the game performs on XBOX and PC. If it does good to great then EA has little reason to spend time and money making a PS4 version. They'd just move on to Titanfall 2.

If it doesn't sell good on XBONE, then yeah I could see a Titanfall+ on PS4 at the end of the year. Same reason why Tomb Raider and Rayman got late next-gen ports and why Resident Evil Revelations and AC Liberation got console ports. EA would do the bare minimum to make it a different game. Maybe remove the current campaign and give it a new one based off DLC maps. Bam, new game.

binary solo said:

Titanfall Sigma

or

Titanfall 2 Prologue

I think EA figure that since MS dicked them around on DRM then they can dick MS around with Titanfall console exclusivity, so they are probably looking for a way to get the budding franchise onto PS as soon as the first wave of TF DLC has gone out.

A Titanfall Sigma approach would be largely the same game with a few superficial tweaks to make it not exactly the same.

A Titanfall 2 prologue approach would be different in campaign (possibly no campaign) but extremely similar multiplayer, with perhaps a new prototype Titan or some other new feature to giver it a sequel sort of vibe rather than just a port by another name.

What do you reckon? Are we going to see Titanfall on PS platforms in some way shape or form before Titanfall 2?

50/50 chance of it happening I reckon, but I think it's highly likely that EA is thinking about something like a sigma or prologue option.

But MS could make EA an offer it cant refuse for the publishing rights and that would be the end of it.

lol. Yes. Because that's how you do business. If things go awry, you use spite as your motivation.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
I don't know, a majority of the Playstation community on the internet always said that they don't care about Titanfall. If I would be EA I would do what I also do with Wii U and wouldn't release my game on a platform where most say that they don't want my game.

Joke aside we don't even know how the contract between EA and MS looks like so that I think waiting is better as to speculate something new every day.

Its bullshit. its the loner gamers saying that crap. Look at the sales of COD. Theres more than enough people waiitng to play Titanfall. Playstation gamers love shooters.

I remember all the b.s talk about how Titanfall was going to be crap, boy has time changed! Lol

jlmurph2 said:
I thought PS fans didn't like Titanfall. So what would be the point?

Apparently some do.  I honestly don't see what the appeal is for paying full retail price for half a game with sub par graphics and only 5 game modes.

Yeah i believe EA will make some "Titanfall - Off the record" with some minor changes just to say that "it's not the same game".

couldnt care less if it sees a ps4/ps3 release or not, in its current form its broken, hell you cant even play through frigging training without being spammed with "Reconnecting" messages on the pc version right now, why in the hell that would need to be online is anyones guess.

oh, and of the 44gb+, 36gb+ of the data is just sound, urgh.

Am highly amused that the xbox one ver has choppy framerates at times though, runs just fine on my laptop - my laptop that cost less than an actual xbox one, if theres one positive here it is that using an old engine as the base made it run well on non-gaming computers, so why it struggles on the xbox one is again, anyones guess.

If it was to go to playstation, i think the playstation fanbase would prefer titanfall 2, on a better engine, with better resolution, better framerate stability, less screen tearing, and of course, not being a last minute money-grab because the chosen platform is selling like fukushima agricultural land.