By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Next-Gen FaceOff Titanfall

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

So what they r saying is that the x1 cant run a consistent 60 fps on a modified version on a 7 year old engine? Wtf.... Jeez MS.. How much did u underestimate Sony?

It can, this game is just very poorly optimized and rushed.

Around the Network
vivster said:
I blame the Playstation fans for demanding high resolutions and MS dictating it to Respawn.
Without that Respawn would've easily achieved the locked 60fps@480p they intended.

Oh, you...

Not surprising results. The game honestly looks pretty terrible overall but my God is it fun.

I haven't noticed any frame rate issues though. But that's probably because I'm so focused on the game xD

yo_john117 said:
Not surprising results. The game honestly looks pretty terrible overall but my God is it fun.

I haven't noticed any frame rate issues though. But that's probably because I'm so focused on the game xD

A sentiment shared by tons of ppl. I just bought it cant wait to play but im stuck on Killer Instinct at the moment.

So "single digit frame rate" = 30+ fps at worst.

I notice the frame rate dipping on Lagoon sometimes. Never noticed it on any other map so far. Wonder if its a specific map relayed issue, kind of like Bitter Jungle on old SOCOM games on PS2.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Even the PC version is badly optimized...I have a feeling the game could've used some extra time in the oven but was rushed out

I would agree with this.  Ive noticed some framerate drops here and there, but it hasnt affected my enjoyment of the game at all.  This game has been really fun so far and I am probably 5+ hours in.

Digital Foundry Motherfckers.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

yo_john117 said:

I don't think the game looks bad at all.  Crisper than COD Ghosts on XOne if you ask me.  Not sure what they are doing with COD but that game looks blurry to me, that and their "dynamic lighting" is all wonky.

Titanfall is pretty crisp for its resolution, but yeah the framerate does dip more than one would like.

I tell you one thing I can def get used to... those dedicated servers.  Nice smooth gameplay online so far, much better than Lag of Duty.  Take notes Activision!  I find myself wishing I could have the same online experience as TF, but with COD guns / pace.

mutantclown said:
kowenicki said:

next gen face off?

lol

lol , indeed

Funny, so I wasn't the only one who noticed this sub-20s framerate dip...

I had to return my purchase within an hour due to my 1 year old laptop completely failing to run this game on the lowest settings. I'm using a HP envy m6.