By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall, something I can't get over. UPDATE: Poll added

Well you buy a MP game only in the future?

No 287 66.90%

Yes 139 32.40%

Total:426

Well what makes a game worth $60? I'll tell you the two things that makes a game worth $60 for me.

1) Am I spending a lot of time with it?
2) Am I genuinely having fun?

I'm definitely going to spend a lot of time with Titanfall and its really fun. Therefore its worth $60 to me.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

But most shooters have such boring campaigns with the worst stories. Also people spend 8-10 hrs playing the single player but can spend days playing the multiplayer. Maybe you're not a multiplayer person.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
But most shooters have such boring campaigns with the worst stories. Also people spend 8-10 hrs playing the single player but can spend days playing the multiplayer. Maybe you're not a multiplayer person.

Except Halo. Had the perfect balance before Reach.

Some people seem to think that great multiplayer and single player are mutually exclusive. Halo, to me, is a good example as to how wrong that idea is. However, the lack of a proper single player campaign or a "multiplayer campaign" with far greater significance is not Respawn's fault, I don't believe. The game is limited in more ways than one and it seems pretty obvious to me that they didn't have much to work with. Certain people who make the calls wanted that game out the door pronto.

The sad thing is, and I've pointed this out before, would be that the game is and has been paid more attention to as a debate topic between fanbases instead of truly being recognized as the game it is. I really think that the next Titanfall could very well be everything this game was hyped as being now that Respawn has the foundation and framework. Sorry for those of you who feel let down with this one, though. I know that feeling very well from The Old Republic. Spending $150 on a collector's edition of a game I had to pay $15 a month for just to watch it go Free-to-Play in a year after all the hype was quite a painful lesson for me.

I definitely understand the OP's pov but I knew what I was getting into when I dropped $60 for an online game, no regrets lovin it. I've bought damn near every COD (no ghosts)and BF on xbox and only played through 1 campaign. If I want a great story I'll play an rpg if I wanna shoot I'll play a shooter. I understand where people are coming from though it would help with the immersion factor into the universe.

Around the Network

Personally, I strongly disagree with the notion that a game must have a single player experience. Just like I would strongly disagree with anyone who says a game must have a multiplayer experience of some sort. Not only is it perfectly acceptable just to have one or the other, it should be applauded.

Most games just plain do not do both aspects justice. They either have a good single player, and bad/mediocre multiplayer, or vice versa. It would be much better if all devs just really sat down and focused on the experience that they really wanna nail. Not try to have everything just for the sake of ticking more boxes. And yes, there are exceptions, like Halo, that do both parts well, but there's a reason it's called an exception rather than the rule.

And how is a multiplayer game like Titanfall, that you can get potentially hundreds of hours out of, not worth $60? If not, how is a single player only game like Bioshock that gets you maybe 12 hours worth that tag? I find the notion that a multiplayer only game isn't worth what a single player only game is highly absurd.

^^^ well stated. The amount of hours I'll put in multiplayer will dwarf a single player campaign and I'm not a hardcore shooter fan.

SP brings character to a game that MP along just cant bring.
The very few times I jump into online before SP, I usually ask myself, wtf is this place, where is it? why is it in this state? what was it used for? why is the battle taking place here?
I guess thats probably why I didnt like warhawk... I had no idea what was going on. Was still a good game like titanfall, but I would have been disappointed if I payed anywhere near full price for it.

Sooooo many hours go into multiplayer games. I spent 21 days in Halo 4's multiplayer

http://www.halotracker.com/H4/UEG%20Murph

DJEVOLVE said:

I like the game and online mode is great but the lack of Campaing mode is bothering more then I thought. I hope this is not a sign of things to come and in the future I will not buy a game without a campaign mode. The game is great but I don't think it was worth 60 with out the campaign. I'm just being honest. I find my self wanting to try new things in the game and I can't. I like single player and now I think it is a must have in every game I buy from now on. However I do not regret buying the game, will maybe a little, However I will not buy the next edition unless it has a campaign.

Lets be honest people, this is not good for the consumer if this game does really well. Soon many games will start cheaping out and that will ruin many games and experiences. So this will be my last buy without a campaign.

I understand some don't care but I do and we must not let this be but a one time thing. If any other game does this, punish them and don't buy it.  There is not enough to do for 60 bucks and the campaign makes the game more personal. Yes they have a narrated campaign mode but this did nothing but piss me off to be honest. I felt like they sat back and said, lets see how much we can cheap out on this game. Great multi-player. However should have been $30, Not $60. Half the game, half the cost.

I understand I will piss off my fellow Xbox fans but this is really how I feel. I feel violated, Like I have been taking advantage of. So this will be the last time I ever buy into something like this.

What are your thoughts? I'm sure many don't care.

A lot of people are ok with it so if EA can save themselves millions by ditching SP and still getting similar sales, they will do it with their other games too.

I fear that by the time such a trend kicks off, it will be too late for some to change their opinions on the matter. They probably just dont see the downside of it now because its just a handful of games, but if lots of games start doing it, we will all be fucked.