By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN article - WiiU outselling PS4 in Japan

ninetailschris said:

chapset said:
MyCodenameIsIan said:

Since when did Japan celebrate Christmas?

Christmas is a time for couples in Japan, if anything retail sales spike closer to Chinese new year there.

If you know anything about IGN and the editor Colin Moriarty, he almost exclusively covers Playstation and he has been accused of being Playstation biased on multiple occasions.

His article makes a fair point, that the PS4 is not shifting units at the rate people expected. Whilst not a train wreck, he also pointed out the cause and that being the lack of Japanese centric software.

Don't worry, you'll get to sit back and laugh once Microsoft launches.

You should take a look through the weekly chartz from previous years on this site, you might get a pleasant surprise

Hint: consoles going up by a good maargin in japan during the month of december, well you don't have to look at the chartz anymore I spoiled it for you

the thing is nintendo boost around christimas. Sony is around the new year and golden week. if you check media create you would know this.

glad we agree

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I just might start reading ign again.

I can think of maybe 2 reasons why.
1.) Wii U launched in Japan with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so that might have given it some extra legs.
2.) Is it true that a lot of Japanese still don't own HDTVs? Because if that's true, the PS4 being hdmi-only might have alienated some customers

deskpro2k3 said:

IGN can't spell.

Wii U outselling PS4 is in Japan.    lmao

IGN viewers were probably too busy looking at that blonde to even notice the grammatical fail.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Do not use excuse that Wii U is outpacing PlayStation 4 because it was launched on holiday season, neary two months passed after holidays when PlayStation 4 launched and in that time frame you could easily save enough money to buy one in Japan also it launched with now with somewhat enstablished library of games.

But... There are.just a couple of games on PlayStation 4 that are appealing to Japanese gamers and one of them is also available on PlayStation 3 plus a lot of games that are appealing to japanese gamers like Driveclub, Natural Doctrine(also on PS3) and there is also another important game that was delayed...

Also it has one third higher price than Wii U thus less people can afford it or people are more unsure if they are willing ti spend 400$ on a piece of hardware plus they need to pay a subscription for online.multiplayer for majority of games thus starting cost is 450$...

Wii U from the start had 5-10 games appealing for Japanese audience...

Around the Network

I expected far more drama in this thread. Disappointed.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!