By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikachu Named Japan's Official Mascot In Brazil 2014 World Cup

USA Master Chief mascot incoming.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
BraveNewWorld said:

USA Master Chief mascot incoming.

nobody cares. the us of A will not come out of groupphase, japan has a real chance to play vs england or italy in the 2nd round.

Bullsheet! Shoulda been Pachirisu!!!

generic-user-1 said:

nobody cares. the us of A will not come out of group phase, japan has a real chance to play vs england or italy in the 2nd round.

Not an easy group when you have Germany and then three nations battling for the second spot. Critical match is Ghana opener to have hope of advancing.  Japan have the easier group, but Colombia looks the favorite and Greece or Ivory Coast are no push overs.

Personally I would love a Pokemon world cup game where I could catch Pokemon to recruit and build my team.

Haha, that's pretty cool on Nintendo/adidas/Japan's part actually.

Around the Network
Augen said:
generic-user-1 said:

nobody cares. the us of A will not come out of group phase, japan has a real chance to play vs england or italy in the 2nd round.

Not an easy group when you have Germany and then three nations battling for the second spot. Critical match is Ghana opener to have hope of advancing.  Japan have the easier group, but Colombia looks the favorite and Greece or Ivory Coast are no push overs.

Personally I would love a Pokemon world cup game where I could catch Pokemon to recruit and build my team.

Japan's group isn't that easy as well but out of all AFC teams i think that they have the best chance of going to the next round.

Go Uruguay!!

EspadaGrim said:

Japan's group isn't that easy as well but out of all AFC teams i think that they have the best chance of going to the next round.

I would trade places with them in a heart beat. If you get one of the elite sides like Germany you know there is essentially one spot to get. Japan's group is not easy, but it is more open in the sense results they are not involved can help them and they have a bit of margin of error to get out of it. US have to have a near perfect showing to advance.

POE said:
Go Uruguay!!

They are going

EspadaGrim said:
Augen said:
generic-user-1 said:

there are no easy groups for the most countries.  but japans group is one of the weaker, the have the weakest european team and the weakst african..

it will b hard but possible. the usa on the other hand have the hardest group for  "little" country. germany will clearly take 1 place and to win the other they have to beat CR7. an CR7 can win a game alone.  the usa are weaker on every position an dont have a uberplayer who can turn a game alone.