Other M was

Excelent! 75 43.35%

Better than Prime 3 Corruption 26 15.03%

I like Adam 9 5.20%

Samus is the sexy girl? 61 35.26%

Total:171
Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
Announcing Metroid Other M 2 would be the dumbest mistake they could do.

Nope. That was Tropical Frezze.

A fixed Other M game can be hyped.

Except for the fact that Tropical Freeze is an excellently made game that plays really well, as do all Retro Studios games. Retro and Team Ninja are worlds apart on an ability to actually craft high quality content. DKCR2 may not have been majorly hype-worthy, but except for being hard as fuck, it is a fairly excellent piece of software.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:

@OP

To be fair, Other M is a better game than Assault, hands down. But that simply isn't saying much.

As poor as Assault was, I'll take it over Other M any day. Now Adventures, that fetid stool sample can rot in hell.

Pavolink said:
zippy said:
Metroid Other flop is the floppiest of flops, it has sold less copies than Super Mario 3D flop and will be passed by Donkey Kong Tropical flop. Both 3D flop and tropical flop were better system sellers than Other flop.

We already know Metroid is not a big seller. And despite that, it sold like a million copies. Now, tell us when is 3D World going to reach the 10m copies from Galaxy, TF the 6m from Returns or why both games failed moving consoles.

I wasnt being serious, i was doing a parody of some of your previous threads, a bad joke i suppose. For the record i thought other M was a decent enough game, but not a patch on Prime. Also i think 3D world and Tropical have sold well for the size of the Wii U install base, its unfair to compare the sales of those to the sales of their predecessors, when they had the luxury of a 100 miliion selling popular console backing them up.

curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:

@OP

To be fair, Other M is a better game than Assault, hands down. But that simply isn't saying much.

As poor as Assault was, I'll take it over Other M any day. Now Adventures, that fetid stool sample can rot in hell.

I don't think Adventures was a BAD game. I just think they never, ever should have slapped the "Star Fox" paint over it. It should have remained "Dinosaur Planet", it's own independant IP. If that had been the case, I would have accepted it more, because it didn't PLAY badly, it was okay in parts, and it certainly looked good graphically speaking. But as a "Star Fox" game, yes, it was stupid. Though just given my own personal hate/vendetta, I am obligated to claim that it is still better than Assault.

DevilRising said:
curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:

@OP

I don't think Adventures was a BAD game. I just think they never, ever should have slapped the "Star Fox" paint over it. It should have remained "Dinosaur Planet", it's own independant IP. If that had been the case, I would have accepted it more, because it didn't PLAY badly, it was okay in parts, and it certainly looked good graphically speaking. But as a "Star Fox" game, yes, it was stupid. Though just given my own personal hate/vendetta, I am obligated to claim that it is still better than Assault.

Even as Dinosaur Planet I would consider it a bad game; the combat, puzzles, and voice acting are god-awful, but worst of all, its just boring.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
What's wrong with you?

We have strict guidelines for things like this. One of them is to never mention "Metroid Other M" and "good" in the same sentence unless that sentence is, "Metroid Other M is not good at all."

Or "good God Metroid Other M was (awful/atrocious/horrendous/like an indie game)."

noname2200 said:

Or "good God Metroid Other M was (awful/atrocious/horrendous/like an indie game)."

Shhh, don't let them hear you say that. You'll be crucified, and I don't want that for you.

curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:
curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:

@OP

Even as Dinosaur Planet I would consider it a bad game; the combat, puzzles, and voice acting are god-awful, but worst of all, its just boring.

dude get over it, StarfoxAdv. got excellent reviews around the globe and most people love it. you didnt like it ok, thats your opinion. the majority says its a good to great game 

Pavolink said:

Despite some flaws like the story and linearity, gameplay was good.

As far I'm concern, we Nintendo fans always believes gameplay is first, in which case, Other M is very good, fast and responsive, flashy even. The way Adam has to autorize the use of some weapons or abilities fits with the tension of exploring an abandoned space ship, and not just running without sense destroying everything.

Other M feels like a 3D version of the masterpiece Super Metroid. Nintendo needs to do a remake. Keep the gamplay but discard the story and Samus dialogues. Left only the inner ones.

The gameplay was shit.  The level design was all sorts of awful (the "hidden" secrets were a joke), the way you had to reposition the remote to examine the environment in first person perspective was momentum breaking.

The combat itself was ass too, auto aim and style over substance "executions" don´t compare to the Primes or Super Metroid.

Add the terrible music, offensively bad story and ...haha... "art direction" and you have the worst "AAA" Nintendo game of the 7th generation.

I hate this game so much and what it has done to the Metroid series.

I hope they never mention it again. What a failure.

There was some good core gameplay to be found, buried amongst the clumsy-ass first person view and boneheaded FMV.

M:OM is basically Nintendo's Metal Gear Solid.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.