By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

lestatdark said:

Titanites will become infinite as you progress in the game. The girl in Harvest Valley sells infinite Shards and Large Shards from the get go once she moves to Majula (I think you also need three great souls as well) and starts selling infinite chunks after beating both bosses of Undead Crypt.

Awesome. I need to find this Harvest Valley next. Great souls are the boss souls I guess? Plenty of those already.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
never played original. This one has a nice story, good visuals and long cinematics so far.

Falling deaths is annoying though, but it earned me my first 360 trophy thing.

The first two game looked amazing, but now people say DS2 is ugly, I wonder it really is.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SvennoJ said:
lestatdark said:

Titanites will become infinite as you progress in the game. The girl in Harvest Valley sells infinite Shards and Large Shards from the get go once she moves to Majula (I think you also need three great souls as well) and starts selling infinite chunks after beating both bosses of Undead Crypt.

Awesome. I need to find this Harvest Valley next. Great souls are the boss souls I guess? Plenty of those already.

Nope, it's the four major souls you'll need to progress in the story. You'll get a different message other than Victory Achieved when you beat one of the Great Soul bosses and there's always a Primordial Bonfire that you'll have to lift afterwards. 

Those four souls mark your first half-way progress through the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Almost finished with my first playthru. Using a faith build with halberd/axe like in the beta. Its probably gonna take me close to 40 hours so a little less than my first playthru of the first. I'm trying to decide between a sorcerer and bow build next (leaning toward the latter).

WagnerPaiva said:
spurgeonryan said:
never played original. This one has a nice story, good visuals and long cinematics so far.

The first two game looked amazing, but now people say DS2 is ugly, I wonder it really is.

I've been saying it's ugly. It takes a bit of getting used to after playing Left Behind and ps4 games. Now I think it looks pretty decent. The shadow effects while walking around with a torch are impressive, too bad it's a very impracticle to fight while holding a torch. It's nice you can light floor torches along the way.

it's the architectural and level design that makes the game, I imagine it will look quite nice on PC.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
areason said:

The merchant goes back to majula. Oh i think i have it then, i can wield it but damn i need attunement slots -.-. 

I'm currently stuck in of the posion areas, not sure about its name. I have a lot of items that i have no idea how to use, such as all of my special titanite which i can't yet use. Use the branch in the tower near the knight with a big greatsword, the lady you save can sell you pyro spells as well as upgrade your glove. 

Ah, I'll have to take a look around there again, see what's changed. There's also still that contraption down the tunnel to Heide's tower that I don't know what to do with. So far I had the normal tritanite, upgraded my sorcere's staff to +3, large titanite further upgraded it to + 6, titanite chunk to go to +7, I guess it goes to +9 but need to find more first. I also have a titanite slab that probably comes after maxing with titinate chunks. I'll see if I can get enough chunks from Black gulch before moving on.

I wish the normal tritinate is easier to find, I wasted it in the beginning and now I only have a sorcerer's staff beyond +3. Priest chime, sword and robe are all stuck on +1 or +2. Any single hit can be my last, especially with that reduced health bar.  Attunement at 30 and int + faith at 23 has left my character very weak in other areas :/

Try going to hunstman cropse, the area directly after it has a merchant that sells 10 small titanites. Yeah it has to do with paying 2k souls to unlock the contraption. The boss of that area is incredibly easy considering how far you went through the game it should be a breeze. And area directly after it has two branches of yore as i stated, and it also has enemies that drop titanite. 

SvennoJ said:
WagnerPaiva said:
spurgeonryan said:

I've been saying it's ugly. It takes a bit of getting used to after playing Left Behind and ps4 games. Now I think it looks pretty decent. The shadow effects while walking around with a torch are impressive, too bad it's a very impracticle to fight while holding a torch. It's nice you can light floor torches along the way.

it's the architectural and level design that makes the game, I imagine it will look quite nice on PC.

If DS2 ever comes out for the PS4 with a pretty bump in graphics and better framerate, will you double dip?

areason said:

Try going to hunstman cropse, the area directly after it has a merchant that sells 10 small titanites. Yeah it has to do with paying 2k souls to unlock the contraption. The boss of that area is incredibly easy considering how far you went through the game it should be a breeze. And area directly after it has two branches of yore as i stated, and it also has enemies that drop titanite. 

I actually just got there last night, I figured out what I missed. I had to talk to the priest lady in Heide's tower to get her to move to the contraption to open the path to huntsman cropse. I was so excited buying up her spells I forgot about the talk option. I just started to explore the area, last I did was unlock a bonfire next to a cave with a nasty caster inside animating skeletons.

Before that I cleared black gulch for large titanite and titinate chunks. Fire sword +6 now and sorcere's staff +9. Defeated the boss there with some help, but could have done it on my own probably. First primal bonfire and another fire seed. I went back to Sinner's rise to try that boss again with my newfound confidence. I survived the first hit (barely) then settled into my routine of dodging and waiting for the right time to fire off a shot. Pretty easy after lighting the area. Second primal bonfire.

Then I unfroze the statue blocking the switch in Majula where the knight with the blue sword sits. Beware, nasty ambush, dead. Died again at the other side after unlocking the bonfire. Then the game screwed up and the door stayed locked, fast travel reset it and I could open the way again. Anyway decided to got to huntsman copse first, after unfreezing the statue in the bastille on the path to sinner's rise for more spells.

Holy spell options explosions with 3 new merchants. I spend all the souls from the bosses and farming Black gulch buying up all the new goodies. Fire seeds, new rings, new category of dark hexes. I currently have equipped Lighning spears, Dark orbs, Great soul arrows, Homing soul arrows, fire balls. I want more spell slots! Fun juggling Fire sword +6,  Sorcerers staff +9, Dark pyromancy flame +6, Priest chime +2 (need the tritanite there) and a shield while trying to carry a torch.

SvennoJ said:
areason said:

I actually just got there last night, I figured out what I missed. I had to talk to the priest lady in Heide's tower to get her to move to the contraption to open the path to huntsman cropse. I was so excited buying up her spells I forgot about the talk option. I just started to explore the area, last I did was unlock a bonfire next to a cave with a nasty caster inside animating skeletons.

Before that I cleared black gulch for large titanite and titinate chunks. Fire sword +6 now and sorcere's staff +9. Defeated the boss there with some help, but could have done it on my own probably. First primal bonfire and another fire seed. I went back to Sinner's rise to try that boss again with my newfound confidence. I survived the first hit (barely) then settled into my routine of dodging and waiting for the right time to fire off a shot. Pretty easy after lighting the area. Second primal bonfire.

Then I unfroze the statue blocking the switch in Majula where the knight with the blue sword sits. Beware, nasty ambush, dead. Died again at the other side after unlocking the bonfire. Then the game screwed up and the door stayed locked, fast travel reset it and I could open the way again. Anyway decided to got to huntsman copse first, after unfreezing the statue in the bastille on the path to sinner's rise for more spells.

Holy spell options explosions with 3 new merchants. I spend all the souls from the bosses and farming Black gulch buying up all the new goodies. Fire seeds, new rings, new category of dark hexes. I currently have equipped Lighning spears, Dark orbs, Great soul arrows, Homing soul arrows, fire balls. I want more spell slots! Fun juggling Fire sword +6,  Sorcerers staff +9, Dark pyromancy flame +6, Priest chime +2 (need the tritanite there) and a shield while trying to carry a torch.

What is the black gulch area? It's after which boss/area? 

Skip the cave with the skeletons, i think that if their is some sort of divine ember we should wait for that before going in. Instead their is a path to the boss of the huntsman cropse and the area after that has an insane amount of loot. 

Soriku said:
areason said:

What is the black gulch area? It's after which boss/area? 

Skip the cave with the skeletons, i think that if their is some sort of divine ember we should wait for that before going in. Instead their is a path to the boss of the huntsman cropse and the area after that has an insane amount of loot. 

Black Gulch is after the Gutter. Go down the well in Majula to Grave of Saints first (use Silvercat Ring).

And as for the cave with skeletons, just run past the skeletons and kill the necromancer first. Easy.

I got my Uchigatana to +10 yesterday. Didn't take it out for a spin yet. I was doing PvP in Belfry Luna yesterday and killed two invaders at once twice with my Uchi :) Almost did it a third time, but after I killed the one guy, the other one killed me. The first invader group I killed, I finished the last guy with a jump attack which was awesome.

Ahh is the cave a new area? Or just a random cave wit loot. I still am stuck with a +7 Falchion does a mere 180 damage to the belfry Luna boss. Three Gargoyles is fine but they respawn -.-.