By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EDGE gives Yoshi's New Island 4/10 [62 on Metacritic]

Something felt off with the game - it lacked soul and excitement - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hammered by critics. SMH Nintendo is being way too conservative with their software strategy

Around the Network

So Yoshis Island 1 &2 are awesome hard as nails platformers. Hope this is just an edge review and not truth

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Sounds exactly like Yoshi Island DS. Will skip.

I've never been able to accept the art style. Simply awful.

so this game is almost as bad as knack...intresting

Around the Network

I know it's already been said, but the art style was executed atrociously...
I still intend to get the game...
For my four year-old nephew...
I still haven't beat the very first Yoshi's Island...
I think it's so tedious; the love people shower on it confounds me...
Regardless of how I feel about Yoshi games, that Yoshi 3DSXL is quite cute...

Have a nice day...

RolStoppable said:
mii-gamer said:
Something felt off with the game - it lacked soul and excitement - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hammered by critics. SMH Nintendo is being way too conservative with their software strategy

If Nintendo didn't let Arzest make it, the game would not exist at all. Then the complaint would be that Nintendo needs to get their act together and outsource their IPs more often.

Goes to show that it's not easy to make a platformer as great as Nintendo's, even if you are allowed to use Nintendo's framework. However, any gamer with experience already knew that, so Yoshi's New Island was never going to be an instant classic. It looks like I am going to rate it in the low to mid 7s which means the game is good enough for Yoshi fans, but those who were on the fence are probably better off by skipping it or waiting until they can get a good deal.

I was going to buy it this saturday, but I will hold off for now. Your biased review will be the deciding factor whether I will purchase the game or not - so I expect a very biased review

3DS seems to have a trend for every good first party game theres a bad one that soon follows.

Edge gave to FF X (the original. For PS2) a 6/10. Never trusted that site ever since.

You wouldnt of thought Ninty would let it out if it was this bad,