By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart Wii Thread

windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
@ Windbane
You fail on so many levels, it isn't even worth my effort to prove you wrong, just please stop with the whole Wii looks like GC games, ya know what? a few games WERE GC games, then others looks much better yet you still troll and say they do, so please I'll get the proof if need be but just stop, go play the 2 decent games thats out on PS3 and leave the Wii subject be.

OT: I preordered my copy of MK:Wii today :D

There are more quality games on PS3 than Wii. Check out gamerankings.com or metacritic.com If you can provide me some comparison videos showing the graphical improvement, then please do. I've played all the games I've mentioned, as well as the GC versions. Only Zelda was a port, btw.

Quit going off topic dude if you're going to troll about the Wii do it in your Sony threads, not official game threads, anyway since you insist on proof here.

Metroid Prime 2

Notice the lack of lighting effects, bloom, not a much polygons going to work here, and a bit more grain to the texteures.

Metroid Prime 3

Now see this much clearer, more detailed, light and particle effect filled game.

If you cannot see the difference you're either blind or have something wrong with your brain.  End of story get over it, its done, DONT post anymore about the graphics, cause all its going to be is trolling.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Oh, wow Gamerankings says Ps3 > Wii! OMG!

I have to sell my Wii to buy a Ps3!

I agree with Max, I'm not sure it's worth wasting my time on you. Writing my entire "why Gamerankings and Metacritic is biased/meaningless post" would be meaningless.

But by your method, you agree that the 360 is minimum 3 times as good, and that you also made a mistake, by buying the Ps3? How many Ps3 games do you own?

Let's go by GR, even though they are biased. You won't accept my point, so I'm proving you wrong in as many cases I can.

If you own 1 game. Sorry PC owners! I screw you over again!

1 game Wii > PS3

2 games Wii > Ps3
3 games: Wii > Ps3
4 games: Wii > Ps3
5 games: Wii > Ps3
6 games: Wii > Ps3
7 games: Wii = Ps3
8 games: Wii < Ps3
9 and out Wii < Ps3

So yes, there are MORE quality titles on Ps3 than Wii, but there are higher quality games on Wii.

Now, if you own a 360, you did, according to GR do a WAY better purchase than the PS3, as you payed a lot less money, and got the better games!

You know what? I tried to keep a nice tune to this thread, and only post facts. That didn't work, because you came in and complained about the Wii in general. You know what? Go to Gamespot.

I mean: "I enjoyed Galaxy, but it looked about the same as Sunshine"

You have got to be freaking kidding me? Have you played Galaxy? Maybe you have, but have you then played Sunshine? What now? Are you going to claim that Brawl looks identical to Melee?

In another thread, you "flamed" Zack and Wiki for being to many random deaths. Surprise! It's better than UT3, Resistance, Rainbow Six Vegas, Warhawk, DMC 4, and GH3. Because it is GR that counts, right?

You also mentioned here that analog stick was better that the scheme for MP3. Why the heck did you buy a Wii?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Somebody asked about whether MKWii would be 60 or 70 dollars. Well, JeuxFrance (which for some reason has a ton more info than anybody else) sells it for 49.99 Euros. I assume that 49.99 dollars will be the American, but it might be 55.99 dollars.

They have the American release date listed as 11 April too.

And hey! I haven't had any pictures of Koopa Troopa yet, but here there is one.

Aww come on! I'm talking to myself here! Is nobody interested in this game? It releases in 39 days! You hyped Brawl when it was 150 away! I'd be happy even for a Toadette question!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
@ Windbane
You fail on so many levels, it isn't even worth my effort to prove you wrong, just please stop with the whole Wii looks like GC games, ya know what? a few games WERE GC games, then others looks much better yet you still troll and say they do, so please I'll get the proof if need be but just stop, go play the 2 decent games thats out on PS3 and leave the Wii subject be.

OT: I preordered my copy of MK:Wii today :D

There are more quality games on PS3 than Wii. Check out gamerankings.com or metacritic.com If you can provide me some comparison videos showing the graphical improvement, then please do. I've played all the games I've mentioned, as well as the GC versions. Only Zelda was a port, btw.

Quit going off topic dude if you're going to troll about the Wii do it in your Sony threads, not official game threads, anyway since you insist on proof here.

Metroid Prime 2

Notice the lack of lighting effects, bloom, not a much polygons going to work here, and a bit more grain to the texteures.

Metroid Prime 3

Now see this much clearer, more detailed, light and particle effect filled game.

If you cannot see the difference you're either blind or have something wrong with your brain. End of story get over it, its done, DONT post anymore about the graphics, cause all its going to be is trolling.

First of all, I was talking about Mario Kart until you made an off--topic comment about lack of PS3 games, which is quite the weakness of the Wii.  I responded.  Do not accuse me of going off-topic when everything I've said before responding to you was related to Mario Kart, and how like other Wii games, they aren't looking much better than GC games.

I can not see much difference in those pictures.  You can try to insult me all you want, but the biggest difference in those screens is the grey floor looks better than the brown floor.  In the 2nd picture there is an attack going on.  Is the lighting better for that?  Sure, but there's no similar attack going on in the MP2 picture.  Judging by the creature and the gun, they look on par with each other.

That's the last I'll say on it unless you want to make another thread, because I do love Mario Kart and I don't want to argue over MP.  If you make another thread for more attempts at showing me comparisons or providing links to comparison videos, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Around the Network
tabsina said:
windbane.. didn't you get proved wrong once already about comparing sunshine to galaxy? or was that legend? i'd find the thread if there was a search engine, but regardless, we have been through this before

Can you leave all of your wii vs HD comments off this thread unless directly related to mario kart?

That's what I was attempting to do, talk about Mario Kart and how, like other Wii games, the graphics disappoint me.  I don't expect HD-quality, obviously, but I'd like more improvements if they are possible.

No one has "proven" anything because I've played both games and seen the direct comparison video on gametrailers and youtube. 

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Oh, wow Gamerankings says Ps3 > Wii! OMG!

I have to sell my Wii to buy a Ps3!

I agree with Max, I'm not sure it's worth wasting my time on you. Writing my entire "why Gamerankings and Metacritic is biased/meaningless post" would be meaningless.

But by your method, you agree that the 360 is minimum 3 times as good, and that you also made a mistake, by buying the Ps3? How many Ps3 games do you own?

Let's go by GR, even though they are biased. You won't accept my point, so I'm proving you wrong in as many cases I can.

If you own 1 game. Sorry PC owners! I screw you over again!

1 game Wii > PS3

2 games Wii > Ps3
3 games: Wii > Ps3
4 games: Wii > Ps3
5 games: Wii > Ps3
6 games: Wii > Ps3
7 games: Wii = Ps3
8 games: Wii < Ps3
9 and out Wii < Ps3

So yes, there are MORE quality titles on Ps3 than Wii, but there are higher quality games on Wii.

Now, if you own a 360, you did, according to GR do a WAY better purchase than the PS3, as you payed a lot less money, and got the better games!

You know what? I tried to keep a nice tune to this thread, and only post facts. That didn't work, because you came in and complained about the Wii in general. You know what? Go to Gamespot.

I mean: "I enjoyed Galaxy, but it looked about the same as Sunshine"

You have got to be freaking kidding me? Have you played Galaxy? Maybe you have, but have you then played Sunshine? What now? Are you going to claim that Brawl looks identical to Melee?

In another thread, you "flamed" Zack and Wiki for being to many random deaths. Surprise! It's better than UT3, Resistance, Rainbow Six Vegas, Warhawk, DMC 4, and GH3. Because it is GR that counts, right?

You also mentioned here that analog stick was better that the scheme for MP3. Why the heck did you buy a Wii?

All gamerankings is is a compilation of review scores.  metacritic weights them.  Not much bias there, but then, I know some people think there is a general review bias against the Wii for whatever reason.

before Brawl, the top 5 games on the Wii were single player games.  yes, those are highly rated, but there are 3 90+ games on PS3 and 2 have multiplayer.  The Wii, with Brawl, now has 1.  So yeah, after 6 games the PS3 has a higher rated game at every spot.  I don't own a lot of games but I rent a lot and I've played most of the top games on each system.  After I beat a single player game, I'm done.

However, if you think the Wii is better for games, then good for you.  I'm not going to argue that.  I disagree right now, but the fact is I responded to a claim that the PS3 had 2 quality games as if that was some argument for me to shut up.  I referenced those review sites to show that it is easy to argue that the PS3 has a much deeper lineup of great games and that he should stop trolling about how the PS3 has no games when it's more commonly thought that the Wii has fewer great games.  It's a losing argument, imo, but even if you disagree there was no need to bring it up.  I responded.

I don't like Zack and Wiki.  Critics do.  Another reason the media isn't biased against the Wii.  I can accept that my opinion differs on that review.

I never said the analog stick was better than MP3 controls.  I said it's a waste the Wii has a great control scheme for FPS because I enjoy a lot of other aspects that FPS games have on other systems that the Wii can't do. 

I  bought a Wii because of the potential of the controls and the fact that I missed out on the previous 2 generations of Nintendo games except when I could play my friends' GCs.  I love Mario Kart, Mario, Strikers (the first one before they ruined the controls), Zelda (which I hadn't played since SNES), Mario Party (which I wish they would fix), etc.  It's a good party system and great for girls. 

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Somebody asked about whether MKWii would be 60 or 70 dollars. Well, JeuxFrance (which for some reason has a ton more info than anybody else) sells it for 49.99 Euros. I assume that 49.99 dollars will be the American, but it might be 55.99 dollars.

They have the American release date listed as 11 April too.

And hey! I haven't had any pictures of Koopa Troopa yet, but here there is one.

Unfortunately I think everyone is focused on Brawl right now, but I'm glad MK won't cost that much.  it's the one game I am for sure purchasing this year for the Wii.

Well, GR is biased because they only take into account American reviews. 3 german magazines have reviewed Brawl, are any of them mentioned? Nope. (Although some European get counted)
Famitsu has reviewed it, and they use 4 people. Is a single one counted? Nope
Do they add the Nintendo Magazine in Japan? No.
Do they add the Nintendo Magazine in America? Yes

They are most pro 360, then Ps3, then PsP, then DS then Wii. Or something like that.

Actually, Gamestats is much more correct, as they take in reviews from everywhere.

And hey, this is for Mario Kart, stop posting about everything else.

You had to put "imo" in there didn't you? Now you can claim that it was just your opinion and that it is worth as much as everybody elses and blah blah blah.

"I don't like Zack and Wiki. Critics do. Another reason the media isn't biased against the Wii. I can accept that my opinion differs on that review."

Wow, that's just great. I think you proved everybody else's point right there.

!!!STOP ARGUING!!!
This thread is not about the Wii's capabilities Windbane, it is about Mario Kart Wii. The wii is much more powerful then the Xbox...but not as powerful as the PS3/360. That's a fact, okay, we get it. To say the wii looks like the gamecube graphics is wrong, to say sunshine looks like galaxy is wrong, and to dis the Wii in a thread that has nothing to do with the Wii's graphical abilities, is wrong.

I respect your opinions, but if your going to complain this much, then why did you bother getting a wii in the first place?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits