By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More good news for Sony; their t.v.'s are kickin ass.

Sony TVs are simply the best. A bit more expensive but you can always be sure to get a great device.

Around the Network

Of course they are among the best, though less now that they dumped their SXRD line.
If not, I would never have bought a Sony TV, Sony's products reliability is too poor.
These SXRD were their best, but RPTV was too fat for the current trend.
I hope mine lasts long, at least until plasmas catch up in price.
SXRD was unbeatable on price, there's still no 1080p TV of 55" at the prices I bought mine, and their LCD are twice the price for lesser quality.
But quality wise, Pioneer plasmas are still the best, except in projectors market, where Sony ones are the best.

And yes, despite the SXRD line having among the best response time of LCD technologies (usually, LCD have twice the lag), I still clearly notice the lag with my Wii if I remove the game mode. In game mode, it disappears completely though.

Few current HDTV (and I think no 1080p TV except the SXRD line which is now dead) are fast enough for the lag not to be seen, which is why you see lots of people even on this forum, who complain that the wiimote is not 1:1, and that they see lag when moving the pointer very fast. That's actually their TV which is too slow, as I don't see any of that.

mmnin said:
Things have come a long way since that horrible 2006.

Amen . And I thaught that the nightmare will never come to an end :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
mmnin said:
Things have come a long way since that horrible 2006.

Amen . And I thaught that the nightmare will never come to an end :P

Nightmare? You fail, compared to Nintendo's ordeal, this was a blip. Grow a backbone for Sony. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I've had Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, & Vizio tv's....Sony has been the best by FAR.

My Sony is a 60" 1080p, my Samsung was a 61" DLP 1080p, my Vizio is a 32" 720p, & my Toshiba is just a SD 36". The Sony is the most expensive, but it is also the best.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

No wonder, European TV's are loathsome to behold next to Asian ones.
I hope I can finally buy me a Bravia this summer, I've been drooling on it since Dec 2006...

NYANKS said:

I guess this is good news for Sony, correct? 

WRONG!!!!!!!!

lol j/k obviously.  I don't know why you had to ask!

That is very good news for Sony. I have a Samsung TV sitting in my room right now as well.

But when oh when will we get some cheaper OLED tv's xD I want one so bad @_@

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.