By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

wary-wallaroo said:

Well I purchased it on Origin, gonna play it for myself and see if it's worth it. If I don't like it I'll just return it before the day is over and wait till it drops. 

?? Can you return games on origin?

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Well I purchased it on Origin, gonna play it for myself and see if it's worth it. If I don't like it I'll just return it before the day is over and wait till it drops. 

Yup, Great Game Guarantee. You have 24 hours after launching the game to return it if your unsatisfied, or 7 days from buying it if you never launch it.  Note: It must be an EA game. One of the few things Origin has over Steam imo. 

So I thought, why not give it a try, I'll play it for a few hours and I should know by then whether it's worth keeping or not. 

wary-wallaroo said:
FlamingWeazel said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Yup, Great Game Guarantee. You have 24 hours after launching the game to return it if your unsatisfied, or 7 days from buying it if you never launch it.  Note: It must be an EA game. One of the few things Origin has over Steam imo. 

Ah didn't know, use steam mainly don't use origin much.

Jazz2K said:
binary solo said:
So what's the first country to get the game? It's not here because we get it on the 14th, otherwise it would have been in people hands 12 hours ago (if there was a midnight launch). Does Aussie get is today or is it the 12th or 14th or something there too?

Isn't the game releasing tomorrow?

Tomorrow for whom? It's 11 March 1PM here tight now. But here TF releases on the 14th. So the answer to your question from my perspective is no. And in Europe it's just gone midnight, so it's the 11th there now too. But if it releases on the 12th in Europe then yes it is tomorrow for Europe.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

tagged

Around the Network

I just noticed EGM gave this game a 10/10!

Now we know who sold out! xD

The next highest score is 9.2.

GamechaserBE said:
No good singleplayer? Kind of dissapointing after the awesome singleplayer from other FPS like BF4/COD

Lol. 

I'm at page 5 on the 50 posts per page format. The fact that this thread has gotten so many downplaying posts is crazy. Thought they'd all have games to play or something... It's pretty transparent, BTW.  I'm going to keep reading and enjoy.

8.7 is a great score but I'm not sure if it's really 'GOTG' material.

I wonder how much the hype / developer reputation influenced the score for better or worse.

Man, the hate for this game seems very strong... User Score 4.1...
When I read
"$60 for a game worth about $10. The frame rate in this game is awful and graphics are no better than the beta. I am not sure why Respawn went with the source engine when they can't even maintain high frame rates with these poor graphics." Rated 0...
Guys, really... Is this Kindergarten or what? But seems quite in line with the opinion of many users here.
Type A: "Will perhaps buy it on PC, if ever"
Type B: "Will buy it for 360, will be the same game with probably better performance" (WTF?!)
Type C: "Meh, just another COD. Won't buy"
But nontheless people are talking about it a lot and most people who played it seem to have a *lot* of fun. It seems this is what most people find disturbing. A good game where people actually have fun with. And even worse, it is on Xbone...

Torillian said:
morenoingrato said:
Torillian said:

To be fair, if you don't want people to say "Xbone owners claimed _____ about _____" you shouldn't repeat that claim ad nauseum and have it in your signature to rile people up.  That's just your own damn fault.

Are you actually blaming all the trolling, flaming and derailing on his excitement?

Wow. I am speechless.

I'm telling him that if he doesn't want people to say "Xbone owners claimed Titanfall would be game of the generation" he shouldn't say it again and again whether or not it's in jest.  

Simple as that.

If people take the GOTG thing seriously... It isn't his fault people are dense. Look at the sig, it's clearly a joke. He quotes himself 3 times in it.  The gen is only a few months in...  

Edit: Just as I post this cura puts in a GOTG post... Not intended to be aimed at you, just poor timing.