Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

Jazz2K said:
brendude13 said:
Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

Which is the highest rated?

Towerfall ascension, rayman legends.

Interresting to see that the highest rated games are not "next gen". Both of these prove that pretty graphics aren't all that. Hope someday people realise that fun isn't only provided by resolution. Glad to see that indy games are relevant this gen contrary to last gen.

Why are they not "next gen"?

According to many (will not name anyone) games not 1080p are not next gen. How much flak Nintendo got because WiiU isn't graphically on par with both X1 and PS4? How many X1 threads were torn to pieces because of the stupid resolution gate? Go read them again and you'll understand.

That generalizing. Really not relevant.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
brendude13 said:
Jazz2K said:

Interresting to see that the highest rated games are not "next gen". Both of these prove that pretty graphics aren't all that. Hope someday people realise that fun isn't only provided by resolution. Glad to see that indy games are relevant this gen contrary to last gen.

According to many (will not name anyone) games not 1080p are not next gen. How much flak Nintendo got because WiiU isn't graphically on par with both X1 and PS4? How many X1 threads were torn to pieces because of the stupid resolution gate? Go read them again and you'll understand.

Stop being such a martyr.

FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

?? You take what 1-2 people say and generalize that across million of PS fans? Good job, indies always matterd. Graphics matter but aren't everything, so may as well play TF on 360 right? Who said they were not relevant last gen? Also, this gen just started many will score higher then TF, even this year.

Hey chill man. It's a good thing that it was only 1 or 2 people claiming how graphics were sooo important it's my bad... these 2 guys were good at making threads and on different websites though... congrats to them ;)

All I say is games can be good no matter the platform, no matter the resolution, no matter if they have a multiplayer/single player or not if they are well done then it's great. Maybe this gen people will see games for what fun they bring to them instead of how many pixels they can count. 

Maybe you're new to this but there was a time when indies couldn't be taken seriously... yep not too long ago.

Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

?? You take what 1-2 people say and generalize that across million of PS fans? Good job, indies always matterd. Graphics matter but aren't everything, so may as well play TF on 360 right? Who said they were not relevant last gen? Also, this gen just started many will score higher then TF, even this year.

Hey chill man. It's a good thing that it was only 1 or 2 people claiming how graphics were sooo important it's my bad... these 2 guys were good at making threads and on different websites though... congrats to them ;)

All I say is games can be good no matter the platform, no matter the resolution, no matter if they have a multiplayer/single player or not if they are well done then it's great. Maybe this gen people will see games for what fun they bring to them instead of how many pixels they can count. 

Maybe you're new to this but there was a time when indies couldn't be taken seriously... yep not too long ago.

generalizing an entire fanbase based off a couple posts on a forum...yeah hard to take that serious.

FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

That generalizing. Really not relevant.

According to may is generalizing?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

Wrong. The highest rated is still Mario 3D World, no matter how bad the console might be doing the Wii U is still 8th gen.

sometimes people forget that

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

brendude13 said:
Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

Their is no reason why Towerfall could not have been made on Snes...  It even has no online;.. The funny part is that the Ouya still can not handle the game well, a lot slowdown but still a great game..

FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

generalizing an entire fanbase based off a couple posts on a forum...yeah hard to take that serious.

what fanbase? did I mention any fanbase?

Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

what fanbase? did I mention any fanbase?

It's pretty obvious what you are implying don't be coy lol

brendude13 said:
Jazz2K said:
brendude13 said:

Stop being such a martyr.

Why not? There were great martyrs in history... could be more fun than being a saint!