By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console (PS3 or XBOX360) will see hardware sale spikes from GTA4?

ok,,,I ve heard alot about the 360 destroying the PS3 version,,,,,here is what I think:

Hardware sales: 

around the same time as GTA 4 launch date,  Metal Gear Solid,HAze,and GT5:p will be out,,,I am positive that sony will do a heavy ad campaing that shows all these 4 titles (like this ad from the holiday season  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SgHZ2xaigwk

).I think this type of ad will boost the PS3 hardware sale more than the 360 since it is showing lots of AAA exclusive.

Software sales:

This category I think belongs to 360,,,it has a larger install base in US where the game is more popular

Now let's hear your thoughts,,,  

Around the Network

Both, the 360 more, because the PS3 is hitting stride, and the 360 seems to be waning. Boosts are a lot more apparent on a console in dire straights than a console already increasing its sales.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

According to microsoft, "they" think the xbox 360 would destroy its competition when GTA 4 comes out, it will offer the best experience available, Im guessing they will cut the price of the 360.

Sony is just making a comeback? I still cant believe that sales are going up instead of down.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

PS3 will see a larger boost in Europe...except for the UK where it will be a dead heat.

Xbox 360 will see a larger boost in North America.

GTA PS3 will outsell GTA 360 by 3:2 in Europe.

GTA 360 will outsell GTA PS3 by 5:2 in North America.

If the game launched at the same time in Japan, you'd see a 30% or so boost for both consoles.  The last GTA in Japan sold about 300k if I remember correctly, on both PS2 and PSP. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Could you guys please give your opinions on both hardware and software?Thanks

Around the Network

In Japan GTA not exist, WW the 360 version sell more because is cheaper and have content descargable.

I don't see there being too much of a hardware boost for any specific console, since it's a multi-platform release.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

I think it's win win.

360 will win (overall) software sales due to their hardware lead.

PS3 will see the bigger hardware boast.

It's not like either company will be hurting from the games release.

both, higher for 360 due to install base and the extra content

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

HeroeDeLeyenda said:
i love cheese

dude It was funny once ,,but if you like to keep doing this it would lower the quality of the fourms here,,,If you like cheese great ,make a topic and discuss it with every one,,,I might participate there myself,but please stay on topic,,thank you