By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo on facebook - Year of Yoshi?

Tagged games:

2014/2015 will be the Year of Yoshi.

Yes, that is great. 42 57.53%

Yes, I don't like it. 17 23.29%

No, that's good. 7 9.59%

No, but I would like it. 6 8.22%

Total:72
RealGamingExpert said:
I would like it. I would prefer year of Metroid / Zelda, but if they give me Yoshi i wouldnt be mad.
Maybe 2015 is Zelda or Metroid year!

I am a huge Metroid fan -> that would be awesome! I think Metroid is one of the Nintendo franchises we should see more often! 

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Not the worst thing in the world although I would prefer something like the Year of Metroid...
Year of Luigi had a bunch of Luigi games but also had other zomfg quality games as well

I totally agree. They should pay attention on the not so well known characters and franchises. And let's be honest: Metroid is awesome... but seriously Metroid is one of the Nintendo franchises which is not made to play it with the whole family and something that even some 'core'-gamers would pay attention to the Wii U

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

justiceiro said:
When year of luigi will end again? Was something in this march rigth, with the closure of luigi community? Whats the date again? Well, just bear in mind that we will have a exceptional manitence going this thursday, usual direct day. So yeah, could be it. Yet, is the same day of disclosure off NPD numbers, so nitendo really need to draw attention for other thing than down 3DS and WiiU sales YoY.

March 18th

So this week would be a little bit early, wouldn't it?

episteme said:

It's quite posible.

There's a eShop maintenance next week which hints at a Nintendo Direct.
They could announce Yoshi for Smash and show a new Yarn Yoshi trailer.
A Yoshi track for MK8 or Yoshi DLC for 3D World are another possibility.

But it's little strange that the Yoshi DLC for Sonic Lost World is already released.

I think it is enough to mention it and say it belongs to the Year of Yoshi or so.

But it would be a little bit early because the year of Luigi ends next week not this week... but I can imagine that it will happen like this.

I hope not. They need to do a year of [something non-Mario related]. Even Nintendo fans (myself included) are starting to get tired with the emphasis on that character IP, even if it's with games from multiple different genres. Year of Link? Samus? New IPs? Mario, Luigi, Yoshi & friends honestly need a bit of a break.

Around the Network

That would be incredibly stupid. They don't need another "year of." Last year was really the "Year of the 3DS." This year needs to be the "Year of the 3DS and Wii U."

How about a year of "making the Wii U good".

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Maybe they're promoting Yoshi's New Island subtly since it's going to release next week?

If so, i would bet on a release of a free DLC for SM3DW, where yoshi is a new playable character. or a "power up", like other mario games.

It's OK I guess, doea people really care about year of who? what? in the year of Luigi, Mario had one of his best game ever to be released.

Switch!!!