By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft angers early adopters by offering free ‘Forza 5'

sales2099 said:

I can make a similar list.....short answer is that fans will side with their corporate gods no matter what.

While that is true, Xbox definetly gets a lot less flack than PS and Nintendo.

Its no wonder, Nintendo hardly ever taps into its wide swath of earlier ips, and why PSN/PS+ has to give away free games and and only have multiplayer behind a paywall to even be on the same tier as "XBOX LIVE GOLD"

There was more outrage at the PSN hack then the RROD.

I mean Xbox had the audacity to announce DRM for the platform possibly under the assumption that PS would do the same, and if they did PS would definetly get the blame.

They practically abandoned the OG Xbox in the first year of the 360, trying to force xbox owners into upgrading when the ps2 was still getting support years after despite releasing earlier.

Unlike Playstation and Nintendo, the former part of a company that has been predicted for bankruptcy for about 8 years and the later than soely depends on its profits from the game industry, Xbox is owned by Microsoft, which has tons of money, and regardless of what their investors think, they aren't going to abandon MS for the xbox brand alone, Xbox could easily out do Nintendo and PlayStation, which they only did with the OG Xbox, but now they are lagging behind PS because of their own prideful mistakes. Xbox is definetly not held to the same standard as PS or Nintendo, and it definetly shows.

forest-spirit said:
It has been said before but if you're an early adopter you should expect to be punched in the face at some point. Early adopters never get a good deal, they're simply paying a premium price to get in early. If you can't handle it then don't buy a new system at or anywhere near launch.

PS3 early adopters got backwards compatablity, PS4 early adopters got free ps+, Wii early adopters weren't shafted either.

The less early adopters there are the more they get screwed, and without early adopters consoles would simply fail.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:

I can make a similar list.....short answer is that fans will side with their corporate gods no matter what.

While that is true, Xbox definetly gets a lot less flack than PS and Nintendo.

Its no wonder, Nintendo hardly ever taps into its wide swath of earlier ips, and why PSN/PS+ has to give away free games and and only have multiplayer behind a paywall to even be on the same tier as "XBOX LIVE GOLD"

There was more outrage at the PSN hack then the RROD.

I mean Xbox had the audacity to announce DRM for the platform possibly under the assumption that PS would do the same, and if they did PS would definetly get the blame.

They practically abandoned the OG Xbox in the first year of the 360, trying to force xbox owners into upgrading when the ps2 was still getting support years after despite releasing earlier.

Unlike Playstation and Nintendo, the former part of a company that has been predicted for bankruptcy for about 8 years and the later than soely depends on its profits from the game industry, Xbox is owned by Microsoft, which has tons of money, and regardless of what their investors think, they aren't going to abandon MS for the xbox brand alone, Xbox could easily out do Nintendo and PlayStation, which they only did with the OG Xbox, but now they are lagging behind PS because of their own prideful mistakes. Xbox is definetly not held to the same standard as PS or Nintendo, and it definetly shows.

"Xbox definetly gets a lot less flack than PS and Nintendo" "There was more outrage at the PSN hack then the RROD."

.........you and I could not have more opposite views in how we view the gaming world.

They abandoned Xbox because there was no more room left to grow and it was losing money the entire time......because PS2 cornered the market and made said growth impossible. No wonder PS2 stuck around....it was winning.

Xbox is simply where Sony was in 2005....very arrogant. But we see that they have allready learned. Don Mattrick is fired, all E3 mistakes were reversed, free game giveaways. Id say its only a matter of time before we see a kinect-less sku.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Because the OG xbox support was losing tons of money(sarcastically), might as well abandon trying to build a userbase with it. People are talking about the 3.5 million early adopters they burned, what about the 20 million plus Xbox owners who got shafted expecting a product with a reasonable life time.

So what if Sony was arrogant, with the PS3, Microsoft has always been arrogant with Xbox. The only reason people are noticing it now is because the competition is as far removed from their policies as possible.
Whenever Xbox fcks up something, rather than complaining about it, many fans would rather spin it on to competitors to try and equalize the playing field rather than demanding more from the company that objectively has more (money). How can MS even allow Sony to have any advantages?

Its like I'm watching a race and the PS has its hands tied behind its back and one shoe missing but is a couple of feet in front of Xbox who is built like Adonis, with Nintendo being the short geeky kid about 20 feet back and the commentators are looking at them and saying.
"Oh man, this race is close, both PS and Xbox are giving it there all! But Poor Nintendo!"

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

walsufnir said:
So PS+ is a slap in the face for everyone who has not subscribed to it? Some people really seem to search for something to moan about...

Loving that rationale, it's a bad analogy imo. I'm not argue against it or for it, but were all entitled to our opinions.

This is common sense though, later consoles always get a price cut or some sort of incentive to pick one up later down the line. So I agree to an extent with you, no sense in bitching about it if you did happen to pick up a Bone early.

Those who say that Microsoft gave away Forza Motorsport for free in Europe at launch and nothing for Usa should just do their maths.Usa launch price 499 dollars.Europe 499 euro which means...692 dolars!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

"Xbox definetly gets a lot less flack than PS and Nintendo" "There was more outrage at the PSN hack then the RROD."

.........you and I could not have more opposite views in how we view the gaming world.

They abandoned Xbox because there was no more room left to grow and it was losing money the entire time......because PS2 cornered the market and made said growth impossible. No wonder PS2 stuck around....it was winning.

Xbox is simply where Sony was in 2005....very arrogant. But we see that they have allready learned. Don Mattrick is fired, all E3 mistakes were reversed, free game giveaways. Id say its only a matter of time before we see a kinect-less sku.

And another thing...

WHY WOULD XBOX HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BE AS PRIDEFUL AS PLAYSTATION IN 2005?!

Playstation was just coming off of the most succesful console in history. In contrast, Xbox was 2nd in US, and about tied for second internationally.

Don Mattrick was just a scapegoat, he was just saying what they paid him to say! Remember the E3 reaction they just completely ignored? Why do we have to wait for a kinect-less sku? Xbox could have easily price matched the PS4 with the Kinect!

I got the XB1 day one with Forza 5. I wanted it early and knew the thing would go down in price eventually. Are people so over-entitled these days to not understand that you're always going to get a worse deal buying something at launch?

nicktwilight said:

Those who say that Microsoft gave away Forza Motorsport for free in Europe at launch and nothing for Usa should just do their maths.Usa launch price 599 dollars.Europe 599 euro which means...830 dolars!

Why should they do their maths when you can do it for them?

499 in USA
and 
429 in Europe
Not sure where you pulled that extra 100 out from.

sales2099 said:. Id say its only a matter of time before we see a kinect-less sku.

Imagine the moaning then...

Cj2i3 said:
nicktwilight said:

Those who say that Microsoft gave away Forza Motorsport for free in Europe at launch and nothing for Usa should just do their maths.Usa launch price 599 dollars.Europe 599 euro which means...830 dolars!

Why should they do their maths when you can do it for them?

499 in USA
and 
429 in Europe
Not sure where you pulled that extra 100 out from.

Yes 499 is the right price.These 429 you mention are not euro.They are pounds.And that's the price for United Kingdom.