By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Titanfall review embargo a bad sign?

This is the last game it matters for. If you think this game is going to score less than 80's metacritic anyway (probably 90+, but I'll be conservative), you're crazy.

This topic is just silly. If there's one game that's KNOWN to be high quality it's this one. It had a huge open beta, that was not under NDA like most betas, and like 95% of those playing the beta absolutely loved it.

There's a reason this game is so hyped. It's because since it's e3 debut, everybody who plays it cant stop gushing.

Also AFAIK every game does a review embargo. Anybody who doesn't know that by now doesn't pay attention.

Around the Network

There was an embargo for the new South Park game and that ended up being amazing. No way to tell.

fallen said:
This is the last game it matters for. If you think this game is going to score less than 80's metacritic anyway (probably 90+, but I'll be conservative), you're crazy.

This topic is just silly. If there's one game that's KNOWN to be high quality it's this one. It had a huge open beta, that was not under NDA like most betas, and like 95% of those playing the beta absolutely loved it.

There's a reason this game is so hyped. It's because since it's e3 debut, everybody who plays it cant stop gushing.

Also AFAIK every game does a review embargo. Anybody who doesn't know that by now doesn't pay attention.

I never questioned the quality of the game, only the content.  My worry is that there isnt enough content in the game.

sabastian said:
How does one go about placing a embargo on a games review ???

In order to get an early review copy of the game reviewers have to sign an nda until a certain time.  That way all reviews can come out at the same time.  Most games have embargos these days.  It just seems like a lot of bad games put those embargos very close to the release date so that it doesnt impact the first few days sales as much.  

They just don't want people to know the best version is on PC.

Nah, the beta reviews are excellent.  I think this game will have great Metacritic.  I'm just bummed it's an MS exclusive .

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

I have no interest in Titanfall whatsoever..but either way, i don't see this as a bad sign. A lot of things can motivate embargoes, doesn't have to be lack of confidence. Heck, even if it did mean that, lack of confidence does not = bad game.

So much fail, and it's already the biggest selling game of 2014!

Just think if it gets good reviews.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

gergroy said:
sabastian said:
How does one go about placing a embargo on a games review ???

In order to get an early review copy of the game reviewers have to sign an nda until a certain time.  That way all reviews can come out at the same time.  Most games have embargos these days.  It just seems like a lot of bad games put those embargos very close to the release date so that it doesnt impact the first few days sales as much.  

Interesting.... I always wonder why someone will adheair to a embargo that close to release. 

Shit, these days you see gamers playing unreleased games weeks before street date. Maybe reviewers should just do the same.

gergroy said:

edit: wow, so the embargo doesnt lift until the games launch.  Generally speaking that is usually a bad sign.  Good games with good reviews like to have the reviews out early to push interest in getting the game.  So I am changing the nature of this thread.  Who thinks reviews are going to be dissapointing now with this information?  I'm revising my guess to 79-83 range for the meta score.

My forecast from what I heard from my friends who played it : 75-80.   a good and funny game, but nothing special.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I thin MS and EA expect the game to have reviews on the 8 range cause of no singleplayer, and since the game is beeing hyped as the second comming of the messiah and MS is putting all its chips on this games sucess they probably prefer that ppl who want to buy it day 1 dont get a change to change theyre minds once reviews come out and it turns out the game is great but is nowhere neae the perfect 10s across the board the crazy fans are expecting it to be.

Zappykins said:
So much fail, and it's already the biggest selling game of 2014! 

Just think if it gets good reviews.

Itll get good reviews, and it would sell well even with terribel reviews at this hype lv, it just wont be the perfect 10s that some ppl are expecting hence the enbargo, so the most "fanatic fans" dont go on an internet raging srpree over 8.5 review scores.