By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is getting both a PS4 and Xbox One worth it?

I got both and I'm glad I did, time between release is much shorter this way...next week I'll be on xbox1 TF until infamous comes out. Having both make the wait less painful before the next good game drop.

Getting all multi plat on the same console though...

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Around the Network
BeElite said:
DarkD said:

2) Third parties like Microsoft better. They made the best versions of their games on the 360 and not the PS3 last gen because that's where their sales were. Of course things are looking very different this gen, but historically....

In short, the best answer is to buy a Wii U and a 3DS and wait for the other two to reveal their hands.

lolz 3rd partied like MS better,  its not 2007 any more.  Historically 3rd prties prefer PS, xbox was their console of choice for half a gen.

The last choice short of giving up gaming is the wii u.  A used wii a 5/10 dollar games will get you pretty much the same gaming as the U.  Worst impulse buy iv made has been the wiiU.

Whats to revel, PS4 is the console of choice.  Marlet deemd it so.

I'm guessing you don't use your console for games then because the Wii U is the only console with good games out right now.   In fact, the highest rated game on the PS4 is a third party game, originally designed to be a Wii U exclusive.  I'm guessing you were just speaking out of your ass because you don't even have the console and just made a wild assumption.

Yes historically if you go back to the PS2 era, third parties liked playstation better when it had 5 times the number of consoles sold as both xbox and Gamecube combined....  Yes that trend carried onto the PS3 for awhile when third parties still thought the playstation 3 would pick up...  

If you are gonna use such half assed information, don't even bother quoting me...  If you are gonna reply to this, at least make it something that I can't just shoot down as pathetic, ill-informed fanboy rants...

TornadoCreator said:
HumdrumPie said:

We all know that the Xbox One and PS4 have a lot of games in common, and I mean a lot! Is it worth buying a second console for a handful of exclusives?! How many games would you buy that second console for?! Could it be one if you're really hyped?! 

I've heard it said that when the price of the games I want on that console are equal to it's price, sounds very reasonable. Almost too reasonable. Any thoughts. Yes, I bought all 3 consoles last gen and I might do the same this gen after a year or two.

Not at all worth it, not for at least 2 years. There's no even close to enough exclusives of note for either console at this point, and there still won't be at the end of the year.

My rule, though admittedly it's one I got from a podcast, but it's a good rule: Only buy a console when it has a minimum of five games you want out for it on the day of purchase, that you can't play on a platform you already own. This is a golden rule, and it's why I don't own a PS4/Xbone. InFamous: Second Son would count, Dead Rising 3 would count, Assassin's Creed 4 would not as it's on the last gen machines, Titanfall would not as it's on PC and will soon be on Xbox 360, Metal Gear Solid V, Watch_Dogs, and The Evil Within... none of these count, because they're all coming to last gen hardware. It's a hard rule to follow, especially when they promise better graphics and a better experience, but honestly the difference will be minimal.

My opinion is that right now, it's not worth buying either of them. However if you must buy one, buy the one with the exclusives you're most interested in and stick with that. It'll be late 2016 before either console can claim more than 5 exclusives that are must-have and while some games like Final Fantasy XV, Cyberpunk 2077 and Batman: Arkhan Knight may make you want to move up to the current-gen hardware now, they're multi-platform so you only need one to experience almost everything new this generation can offer.

My suggestion would be to go PS4. It has InFamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886; both of which are exclusives that look genuinely interesting. The Xbox One may have more exclusives but nothing really jumps out at me, and while Titanfall may look fun, you can always get it for Xbox 360 or better yet, get the PC version, which will be the superior version. Other than Titanfall, nothing on that system looks overly interesting except maybe Dead Rising 3 and it's not worth spending so much for one game. Even Halo has been pushed back till Q2 2015 (or so I've read).

Right now, unless you're uinemployed and have nothing to do all day every day, there's plenty to play on the PS4 to keep you going, no must haves on the Xbox One that aren't multiplatform, and if you already have a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, there's literally hundreds of games on them; most of which you've likely not played yet. Concentrate on them before you waste money on expensive hardware you'll get very little use out of.

Even though I disagree with him because I like the MS exclusives, this guy is a keeper.

DarkD said:
BeElite said:
DarkD said:

2) Third parties like Microsoft better. They made the best versions of their games on the 360 and not the PS3 last gen because that's where their sales were. Of course things are looking very different this gen, but historically....

In short, the best answer is to buy a Wii U and a 3DS and wait for the other two to reveal their hands.

lolz 3rd partied like MS better,  its not 2007 any more.  Historically 3rd prties prefer PS, xbox was their console of choice for half a gen.

The last choice short of giving up gaming is the wii u.  A used wii a 5/10 dollar games will get you pretty much the same gaming as the U.  Worst impulse buy iv made has been the wiiU.

I'm guessing you don't use your console for games then because the Wii U is the only console with good games out right now.   In fact, the highest rated game on the PS4 is a third party game, originally designed to be a Wii U exclusive.  I'm guessing you were just speaking out of your ass because you don't even have the console and just made a wild assumption.

Yes historically if you go back to the PS2 era, third parties liked playstation better when it had 5 times the number of consoles sold as both xbox and Gamecube combined....  Yes that trend carried onto the PS3 for awhile when third parties still thought the playstation 3 would pick up...  

If you are gonna use such half assed information, don't even bother quoting me...  If you are gonna reply to this, at least make it something that I can't just shoot down as pathetic, ill-informed fanboy rants...

I have it and dont care about its kiddi games, so what am i to play ?

Actualy they went with 360 early on and ported to PS3, 3560 was their lead console.  Later in ther gen they switched to PS3 as their main dev console.  learn wtf you are posting about before you make up total bs.  Since clealry you havent got a clue.

Not to me it isn't, that's why I've never owned more than one console per generation. The cost is not justified, I can never play all the games on one console that I want to, so why would I get a second console?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
BeElite said:
DarkD said:

Actualy they went with 360 early on and ported to PS3, 3560 was their lead console.  Later in ther gen they switched to PS3 as their main dev console.  learn wtf you are posting about before you make up total bs.  Since clealry you havent got a clue.

I thought you might have had something, but no, it's still more bullshit on your part.  Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, were all games released late in the last gen and did worse on the PS3 than the 360.  Skyrim was barely even playable as I recall.  

If you are complaining because the graphics are cartoonish, then that's hardly the consoles fault.  In fact I would say its evidence that you are a 5 year old whose mother probably bought you the Wii U and then you complained until she bought you the console you thought was the adult one.  There is no one alive who doesn't know Nintendo has cartoony games.  If you don't like those and bought the console anyways, then you are mentally retarded...  So which is it, are you mentally retarded or a 5 year old?

BeElite said:
DarkD said:
BeElite said:
DarkD said:

Kiddy games? Because those are games for everyone?

Better be mature and play some shooters!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
BeElite said:
DarkD said:
BeElite said:
DarkD said:

Kiddy games? Because those are games for everyone?

Better be mature and play some shooters!

Nahh il play Mass effect or The last of Us. 

I think so.

It depends on how much you value the exclusives on each console. If Halo, Gears,, Titanfall; and Kinect games are not your thing, then there's no point in getting an X1 because I think its guaranteed that MS will be releasing those games for the rest of generation.. And this early in the generation you'd kinda waste money. Get one now and the other in 2-3 years when its much cheaper if you really want both. And to be honest, getting either the ps4 and X1 now is not worth it. Get the WiiU which will have the best exclusives this year!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54