By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

Link: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog

Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

Writer and Director departs the studio after 10 years.

Amy Hennig, the creative director and writer on the Uncharted series, has left developer Naughty Dog.

Numerous trusted sources close to Naughty Dog have verified Hennig’s departure from the studio. She was writing and leading development of Uncharted PS4. Her final day at the studio was Monday, March 3.

Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.

Hennig recently celebrated her 10th anniversary with Naughty Dog, where she served as director and writer on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves , and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Her work was recently profiled in IGN’s The History of Naughty Dog.

We’ve contacted both Sony and Naughty Dog for comment and will keep you up to date with any developments.

Around the Network

Wonder if she will work on Sonic Boom

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wonder if she will work on Sonic Boom

That would be funny.

This might work out very good for the series, with Neil Druckmann possibly taking over it could give the franchise a darker tone, something new.

I don't really mind. Uncharted 3 was certainly not on par with the second game, as far as direction is concerned.

It was still awesome per all game standards, but it felt a little exhausted compared to Uncharted 2.

Around the Network

Well that sucks. I guess she had creative differences with Neil Druckmann.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hynad said:
I don't really mind. Uncharted 3 was certainly not on par with the second game, as far as direction is concerned.

It was still awesome per all game standards, but it felt a little exhausted compared to Uncharted 2.

i agree there were times where what drake did was predictable, you know getting betrayed in the beginning going out of his way to save people and so on... i would like a little darker drake but with his snarky remarks.  maybe a drake who doesnt get betrayed like a fool?

She may go back to eidos so Lgacy of Kain can return.

Man, that sucks. The series was amazing with her :( maybe the writer of tlou can take the place. It would be interesting.

Xxain said:
She may go back to eidos so Lgacy of Kain can return.

This a million times this! 

Its about freaking time

Go back to nosgoth and thou shall be redeemed!

On second thought , no praising the sun or vampires will perish.