By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Watchdogs fails us, I'm done with third party

Agree?

Youve been eating too man... 99 45.62%

Yaharg 63 29.03%

Nay! 28 12.90%

I only play indie games you communist! 26 11.98%

Total:216

What wpuld that accomplish exactly.. Nintendo needs 3rd parties way more than 3rd parties needs nintendo

Around the Network
zippy said:
Nintentacle said:
It won't suck, but it will be worse than PS4 and Xbox One's versions.

What would you prefer, shiny graphics at the highest resolution or less polished graphics with cool gamepad functions that enhance the gameplay experience....I would go down the gameplay route everytime.

And what if you don't like the gamepad and think it's uncomfortable?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

MegaDrive08 said:
See us Nintendo gamers care more about gameplay, Smash is coming out you hear Nintendo gamers talking about what characters are going to be in the game how it will be different from the previous instalment, all you hear from Sony/Microsoft fans when a new game comes out is what the screen resolutions and frames per second are going to be.

Except that the PS1 completely thrashed the N64 and the PS2 destroyed the Gamecube and XBox, all of which were more powerful than Sony's consoles, so that's clearly not the case at all.

If people prefer the PS4 or XBOne over the Wii U, it's because they have more games those people like than the Wii U does, not because of better graphics. If those people only cared about graphics, they'd all be gaming on PC, not on consoles.

I wonder if it will be worth the effort porting it over. Nintendo owners usually are not used to buy 3rd party games and Ubisoft is not really known to produce games of high quality. In fact I cannot remember a single game made by that company that was worth buying, maybe Rayman 2.

The target audience does not own a Wii U and sales will be very bad, Nintendo is to blame for marketing the Wii U as a kids-only system and for producing only but Kids-only 1st party games.

Fusioncode said:
zippy said:
Nintentacle said:

What would you prefer, shiny graphics at the highest resolution or less polished graphics with cool gamepad functions that enhance the gameplay experience....I would go down the gameplay route everytime.

And what if you don't like the gamepad and think it's uncomfortable?

Then you are screwed!

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Nintentacle said:
zippy said:
Nintentacle said:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the game was built for more powerful consoles. I'm hoping It's just as good in terms of quality though. Can't be as bad as the Wii versions of 3rd party games...

Looking at games like Assasin's Creed III, IV and Blacklist on Wii U, I wouldn't expect too much from Watch Dogs, must have the same framerate drops as well.

Framerate drops aside, the games mentioned look fine and play fine on Wii U. So if Watch dogs is of similar quality or slightly better, with intuitive gamepad use, i would be pleased with that. I knew what i was getting when i bought my Wii U in terms of multiplat games, at least they are of a higher quality than Wii ones :)

Nintentacle said:
zippy said:
Nintentacle said:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the game was built for more powerful consoles. I'm hoping It's just as good in terms of quality though. Can't be as bad as the Wii versions of 3rd party games...

I read that Wii U Watch dogs was being developed alongside the next gen versions rather than current gen, which has been the norm so far. So perhaps the game will be slightly higher quality....then again Ubi have pulled all the resources off the Wii U version to finish the others, so it could turn out to be a bit shitty. I will wait and see, but if the Wii U version is delayed untill the latter half of the year it will stand less of achance going up against Smash, Bayo 2, X, Hyrule Warriors and even Sonic Boom.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

What about Project CARS?

People who like driving sims are probably a lil more interested in the ps4 version no? 

teigaga said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

What about Project CARS?

People who like driving sims are probably a lil more interested in the ps4 version no? 

Still, It's one of the few 3rd party games that isn't a lazy port on the Wii U.

teigaga said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

What about Project CARS?

People who like driving sims would probably be more interested on the PC version before anything else.