By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo, I have $500 now, PS4 or Xbox One ?

Buy

PS4 504 75.34%

Xbox One 103 15.40%

WiiU ( I have it already) 60 8.97%

Total:667

Based on your tastes you should go with PS4.

Around the Network
AwakeandAlive said:

- I LOVE JRPGs 

- I looove KDH and Final Fantasy

with these 2 loves of yours, I'd recommend the PS4

The Xone will most likely only get JPRGs that they throw money at, while the PS4 will get EVERYTHING ELSE and then some... 

Put it in the bank and stop buying video games you already have enough. Now go do your homework. ;)

If you already have a decent Windows PC for gaming, buy a PS4.

You say the $100 doesn't matter, but if you only have $500 to spend, you won't have anything left for games with the XB1.

Spend $400 on the PS4, buy a 1 yr PSN+ subscription and you'll have about a half dozen or so games to play without buying anything and still have money left over to buy another game. Enjoy the future PS4 exclusives.

If you want to play the current or future XB1 exclusives that won't show up on Windows PC, bite the bullet and buy an XB1.

think-man said:

Why do you need the internet to convince you....I never get these threads. Get what ever console you want if you can't decide buy them both.

It's usually a plea along the line of "give me attention by convincing me why I should buy your console of choice."

Obviously, if someone is too stupid to figure out what they want to buy, a bunch of opinionated responses won't change that. 

Around the Network

Save up and join the Pc master race! All jokes aside, If you do not want to get a nice Pc, then I would go for the Ps4, due to the amount of praise its getting from developers shows that it will be getting much more support in the future. Sony is still supporting the Ps3, with a lot of exclusives (JRPGS!!!!!!!) coming out this year for the system, while MS has abandoned the 360 since forever ago, so I would choose the Ps4 due to Sony going to support it even if another console launches.

Get a PS4, PS+ and snatch 10 more dollars and buy a game (Infamous!) :)

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
greenmedic88 said:
think-man said:

Why do you need the internet to convince you....I never get these threads. Get what ever console you want if you can't decide buy them both.

It's usually a plea along the line of "give me attention by convincing me why I should buy your console of choice."

Obviously, if someone is too stupid to figure out what they want to buy, a bunch of opinionated responses won't change that. 

I just don't get it...I see games I want on consoles I don't have so what do I do? I go and buy them simple as that lol 

Xbox One has the best games out now and the best games coming. $499 Titanfall Bundle, what are you waiting for?

think-man said:
greenmedic88 said:
think-man said:

I just don't get it...I see games I want on consoles I don't have so what do I do? I go and buy them simple as that lol 

But not everyone wants to buy a bunch of consoles just so they can play a handful of games on each one.

Every generation I do this, I'm left with hardware that sees minimal to no use which is a waste of money and space. 

It's not even a question of money for some people, it's a matter of time; you only have X amount of time allotted for playing games and if there are more games than you have time to play on one console, why even bother buying more boxes to play more games you don't have the time to play?

Unless you're a games journalist, game reviewer, you work in industry and have to sample everything, there's no point. Most consumers who are just playing for their own entertainment don't want to muck with that; they just want one box even if it means missing a game every now and again that shows up on the box they don't own.