By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP to have lip-synched voice chat!

Lip-Synching is a great idea. I love the little touches some developers add to games, and this game is probably packed full of them.

My character is going to have that crazy long multi-colour hat from the video shown at GD 07'. It's the best! =D

Around the Network

Haha, that's awesome, but I think some voices are going to sound very strange coming from the mouth of a sack-person. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Reasonable said:
Legend11 said:
Wow that is cool now hopefully they work on the gameplay as well. The videos of people demonstrating the game made the gameplay look atrocious.

Yeah right... so atrocious every journo, etc. in the industry has heaped nothing but love on how innovative it is and how so many shows have awarded it honours...

*pst*...They did the same thing with Lair

Legend11 said:
Reasonable said:
Legend11 said:
Wow that is cool now hopefully they work on the gameplay as well. The videos of people demonstrating the game made the gameplay look atrocious.

Yeah right... so atrocious every journo, etc. in the industry has heaped nothing but love on how innovative it is and how so many shows have awarded it honours...

Watch this video.. They can't even open the pinata (they give up and move on). Or jumping up on ledges which looks to be an exercise in frustration.

I gotta admit it's funny when he says "This is a lot easier then it looks."

Or I think that's what he says?  Either way... game demoers always seem to suck at the games they play.  I don't know why. 

This is shaping up to be a really solid title for all its simplicity! I can't wait to see the finsihed result, and I'm also excited to see how much user created content will show up after a while.

Around the Network

Yeah I think we knew about the lip-synching before...still cool though. I like games that do that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ twesterm

Umm, no they didn't......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This game look pretty sick. Lip-syncing=pretty sick. They're on a good path.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

outlawauron said:
@ twesterm

Umm, no they didn't......

I meant as Lair was hyped and had super previews with all sorts of positive things to say, not Lair had the lip-sync thing (which I admit could be cool).