By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone ShadowFall Multiplayer runs at only 960 x 1080 resolution

dane007 said:
I mentioned those games as you said that the image in KZSF MP is equivalent to a 900p game. Therefore i was comparing your images with images from games that are 900p hence Ryse and BF (PS4 version Z) Those two gmes have a 1600 *900 resolurion. Those were games taht pop in my mind . Forgot to mention Plants vs zombies as that too is mp game at 900p, AC4 on xbox on eis also 900p. Both machine can output a mximum resolution of 1080p. But there are games that fall short of it ,,and as aresult gets upscaled to 1080p. Just comparing teh image from ryse ,, its much sharper and clearer then the images provided from KZ MP and less blurry then KZ MP . Even Plant vs Zombies Grden warfar providews a sharper and clearer image then KZ MP hence why i don't agree the pics from kz MP look closely like a 900p game. To me BF4 looks more detailed and sharper then KZ MP lol. Are you also on Eurogamer as i think i have seen you arguing on their DF articles? lol

You need to play Ryse MP.

No MP ever will use the SP assets... the differences you are saying is because MP part uses low assets... not because the resolution.

Around the Network

@ethomaz i have and still playing as i trying to 1000 points as i already gotten all of single player achievements. . To me its sharper and cleare and moe detailed then KZ SF MP. I was talking about both. As soon as you enter a MP match in KZ teh sharpness of the level is very low compared to single campaign. As you said both do full hd but mp doe it in a different way ,, yet the image sharpness adn clarity is alto different where kz mp is very very very low. FOr the assets,,, forgot the name of the stage. Theres one stage when yo go outside to the deck ,, there are lot of trees. If you come within close distance to teh trees,, you can barely see the leaf on it as its very very blurry.

dane007 said:
@ethomaz i have and still playing as i trying to 1000 points as i already gotten all of single player achievements. . To me its sharper and cleare and moe detailed then KZ SF MP. I was talking about both. As soon as you enter a MP match in KZ teh sharpness of the level is very low compared to single campaign. As you said both do full hd but mp doe it in a different way ,, yet the image sharpness adn clarity is alto different where kz mp is very very very low. FOr the assets,,, forgot the name of the stage. Theres one stage when yo go outside to the deck ,, there are lot of trees. If you come within close distance to teh trees,, you can barely see the leaf on it as its very very blurry.

I will post pics later... there are few maps with trees.

Lol.

@ethomaz,, The level i was referring to is on page 28 where trixiemafia commented on it. Its that level lol. Willt ry an dpost mine when i get back from work .

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Yes, artifacts are quite common with interpolation, particularly in motion and when using computationally lightweight interpolation methods, like linear ones. As I already wrode many pages before, most probably they had to use interpolation, and a simple one too, because the multiplayer version uses the cloud only as hub to route data packets between users, while it uses the players' consoles themselves as computational nodes.

I guess the simple interpolation comes into play when the temporal blending is not possible, when for example rotating. Another example of stationary vs spinning.

(images)

(Pressing take screenshot randomly until I had an image facing the same way, while I'm spinning left on the spot) Not a full screen effect either as the gun stays sharp, selective linear interpolation.

The stationary picture can only be sharp if they use temporal blending. These are the 2 extremes of the algorithm they use. While strafing and walking you get a combination of the two techniques with varying results.

Anyway the stationary blended 1080p pictures still don't come close to singleplayer

(image)

Yes, temporal blending is a good choice when it's possible, for stationary and very slow apparent motion, as besides giving better results it's even more lightweight than interpolation.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
SvennoJ said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Yes, artifacts are quite common with interpolation, particularly in motion and when using computationally lightweight interpolation methods, like linear ones. As I already wrode many pages before, most probably they had to use interpolation, and a simple one too, because the multiplayer version uses the cloud only as hub to route data packets between users, while it uses the players' consoles themselves as computational nodes.

I guess the simple interpolation comes into play when the temporal blending is not possible, when for example rotating. Another example of stationary vs spinning.

(images)

(Pressing take screenshot randomly until I had an image facing the same way, while I'm spinning left on the spot) Not a full screen effect either as the gun stays sharp, selective linear interpolation.

The stationary picture can only be sharp if they use temporal blending. These are the 2 extremes of the algorithm they use. While strafing and walking you get a combination of the two techniques with varying results.

Anyway the stationary blended 1080p pictures still don't come close to singleplayer

(image)

Yes, temporal blending is a good choice when it's possible, for stationary and very slow apparent motion, as besides giving better results it's even more lightweight than interpolation.

Yup, the interesting part happens where the code decides how to mix the 2 techniques

I wish I could get better screenshots, facebook upload really sucks for fine detail, source is a 161kb jpg :/
Yet you can see the vertical lines from where the cables were 1 frame ago. Somehow the game knows that it has to solidify the relatively fast moving cables in this shot. Maybe it always does the interpolation first then blends the previous frame onto it, to add detail, based on a simple ruleset (that obviously fails in this shot)

When you're a sniper you get full 1920x1080 visuals, run and gun style is a mixed bag. Smart in a way, anyone who takes screenshots or takes in the scenery usually stands still, while it wouldn't be visible on compressed you tube videos anyway.

dane007 said:
@ethomaz,, The level i was referring to is on page 28 where trixiemafia commented on it. Its that level lol. Willt ry an dpost mine when i get back from work .

I took some pictures from this map but I need to know the MP version have fog and the SP not.

I will try the same spot later.

@ethomaz thats the level . When i close to the leaves,, the detailed of it seemed very blurry at least on Tv lol. WIll try and get some from the share button on teh ps4 controller. try taking the smae shots but while you are moving?

I'm always late to parties but what I find funny with this (not that I care about resolution... really) is how PS4 people came in X1 threads to spit on Ryse and Forza, especially Forza since they had to use "tricks" to achieve 1080p 60fps.

In the end, they all use tricks to achieve their goal to give us the best experience they could. I hope this stops this ridiculous war of the resolution. Killzone isn't a lesser game now that it's not 1920x1080 it just shows how people can be stupid sometimes.