By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo advertise the Wii U?

Because they know ads, atm won't do much. There's no point raising awareness of a product that it's not appealing to begin with. When Mario Kart will hit the market and they will eventually price-cut againg, I guess they will also do some advertising then.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Nintentacle said:
Why doesn't Sony advertise Vita?

vita gets a £50 marketing budget every time sony sells a building.

If that were true Vita would have already reached PS2's sales! Don't worry, It's still #2 this gen!

Advertise what, DKC? Mario? Zelda? These are NOT mainstream games. No need spending money to advertise those games, their fans read online gaming magazines and are already well knowledges on those game's schedules. Save that money in the bank, Nintendo...

Nintentacle said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Nintentacle said:

If that were true Vita would have already reached PS2's sales! Don't worry, It's still #2 this gen!

lol, took some time but I see what you did there....

no, I dont think sony sold that many buildings =P

fps_d0minat0r said:
Nintentacle said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Nintentacle said:

lol, took some time but I see what you did there....

no, I dont think sony sold that many buildings =P

Then jou did jour maths wrong. Jou must round 50 to 100 and if jou put 100 on a scale of 0-150 jou round it up to 150. Then jou keep rounding until It's 500,000,000,000 and Vita iz saved.

Around the Network

Wait...Nintendo has a new console? Why the fuck didn't they tell anyone?!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Waste of money for such a bad product.

It just seems like a very viscous cycle. They don't advertise because it's not appealing. It's not appealing because they don't advertise....WHEN DOES THE MADNESS END! If they don't do some mass marketing before Mario Kart 8 is released it will be quite evident that their focus has shifted, and that they're basically killing time till the"Fusion" is announced. They will have a nice little library built up by the holidays this year. It will be ashame if they don't capitalize on it.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Roma said:
I heard DKTF had lots of advertisement though I don't watch tv so I can't confirm that myself

I'm not a big tv watcher either, but I was engaged last night, and I saw a ps4 commercial every 20 minutes. Come to think of it I haven't seen a lot of Xbox one commercials either. Surely there has to be a direct correlation between the two.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo have accepted that they have messed up, I'm so glad I got shut of my wiiu

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...