By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - nDreams announcing a game at E3 with female lead

Dunno how i missed this blog post from febuary (so last month)

http://www.ndreams.com/thoughts-on-the-latest-gaming-controversy/

As a matter of fact, we have a game that we plan to announce at E3 which features a female lead character. It so happens that she isn’t in her twenties, she doesn’t look like a model, and she doesn’t wear revealing tops. This decision was taken by our writer because it felt right for the particular story that we’re telling. And that is exactly the way it should be. Great writers telling great stories. “

Real full article pretty interesting, he basically says dont add female characters to your story for the sake of adding female characters, stay true to the story you want to tell without letting the market tell you what to do.

Around the Network

Damn what a progressive developer, I'm sure they're a special little snowflake for coming up with such a unique protagonist :^)

fireburn95 said:

It so happens that she isn’t in her twenties, she doesn’t look like a model, and she doesn’t wear revealing tops. 

I'm out....

It will be interesting to see where this goes. E3 needs to hurry up. 

Such news.

How can that even be used to create hype ?

Who?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Who?

ps home guys

"don't add female characters to your story for the sake of adding female characters, stay true to the story you want to tell without letting the market tell you what to do."

I completely agree with this. If you have a narrative-heavy story then stay with the character the writer wants, male or female. Forcing a gender change is a perversion of the creative process. As an example, that article a few days ago talking about how Uncharted should have the option to change gender, that was asinine. Do people ask for films and novels to have alternate versions with different sexes in the leading roles?

As a side note, I'm getting a bit tired of female main characters will short brown hair. It seems to be the only politically correct option. It's almost as bad as all the male characters having short brown hair.

fireburn95 said:
Fusioncode said:
Who?

ps home guys

Ps home addon guys. They make outfits and such to sell in game.

fireburn95 said:

As a matter of fact, we have a game that we plan to announce at E3 which features a female lead character. It so happens that she isn’t in her twenties, she doesn’t look like a model, and she doesn’t wear revealing tops

Why even bother then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

But, but..... the whole point of having female characters in video games is to make them as useless and hot as possible! This guy is out of his mind.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---