By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro's current secret project

What do you wish Retro was working on right now?

Metroid Prime 4 121 44.81%

Starfox: The Rise of Andross 33 12.22%

New ip 95 35.19%

Donkey Kong 3d (like 64) 15 5.56%

Super Mario RPG 2 4 1.48%

Total:268

I just wanted to share my thoughts on it and see what you guys think. Personally, I hope Retro lives up to it's name and continues to work on old school, retro ips that Nintendo hasn't done anything with for a long time. They could even do their own spinoffs of dormat Nintendo series; for instance, they could make a game about the rise of Andross in the Lylat System before Star Fox's dad dies. That could be FASCINATING. I plan on playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy eventually ( I currently have Tropical Freeze and I love this game) but I don't want them to be stuck with the same ip. They did 3 Metroid games, then moved on and did 2 Donkey Kong games (3 if you count them for partial credit for the 3ds version). It's time for them to move on to another old school retro series or make a new one of their own. Let another internal NIntendo team make the next 3d Metroid game, I want Retro to revolutionize another genre/ip!

What do you wish Retro was working on right now?

Around the Network

Maybe Metroid, but I hear it might be a new game they never worked on.

After recent comments, I'd like a new IP.
What we'll get is maybe Luigi Mansion HD or Kid Icarus Uprising HD.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I can take anything, as long as it isn't 2D or involves racing

New Metroid game (not necessarily "Prime" but something at least similar and not like Other M) would be great, but if it's a new not-2D IP I can tolerate.

I think best plan would be Metroid -> New IP and have another company do Starfox though.

Around the Network

The way he worded it makes it sound like a new ip. Something that ninendo needs from one of their talented devs and i would welcome this with open arms. Retro is a great studio that is really good from a creative aspect and they are realyl detailed as well. Dat fur! For me im hoping it does turn out to be a new ip

A new Metroid is about the only thing that would make me buy a WiiU at this point. Hopefully that's what Retro is working on.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Raven Blade

Their is nothing in the world that I want more than Metroid Prime4. But I'm ready to settle for something else aslong as it's not a other platformer.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Returns 3D

It had to be done! I personally want a traditional Star Fox game, but I'd be fine with Metroid or whatever too!