By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wolfenstein confirmed 1080P 60 FPS *native* on Xbox One

padib said:
lucidium said:
Aerys said:
1080p60fps on last gen games shouldnt be an achievement.

Word.

Lol damn

Around the Network

They said this was going to happen. Don't get scared now.

iceland said:
vivster said:
But is it native 60fps?

I believe it's 30fps natively being upscaled, such a shame really.

You can't really do that.  You can upscale resolution from say 720p to 1080p.  Basically you are stretching the image, and cleaning it up.

But you can't add frames and call it legit.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
iceland said:
vivster said:
But is it native 60fps?

You can't really do that.  You can upscale resolution from say 720p to 1080p.  Basically you are stretching the image, and cleaning it up.

Um yeah you can.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-force-unleashed-60fps-tech-article

JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:
iceland said:
vivster said:
But is it native 60fps?

Um yeah you can.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-force-unleashed-60fps-tech-article

That's the same as what Samsung and others do with their 120Hz and 240Hz+ TV's.  While I do like it better, it does generate noise and artifacts, so I wouldn't call it legit 60fps.  

Just like watching TV on a fancy 240Hz TV is not watching something in native 240fps.

Many movies are projected with two frames, should we call them 48P now?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:

Um yeah you can.

That's the same as what Samsung and others do with their 120Hz and 240Hz+ TV's.  While I do like it better, it does generate noise and artifacts, so I wouldn't call it legit 60fps.  

Just like watching TV on a fancy 240Hz TV is not watching something in native 240fps.

No different than 720p being called 1080p upon being upscaled.

Scary, if its really visual parity it means one of them version will not look as good as it should, because I am getting and will buy every single multi plat on ps4, it is not the kind of stuff I want to hear. They better use the ps4 to its potential. Visual parity cannot be.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:
JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:

Um yeah you can.

Technicaly yes.  It's still false if you claim it something it is not. Like if you say 1080P that means 1920x1080.  If it's actually 960x1080 then that is something different.

Personally I find a bigger differeance between 30fps and 60fps, but I'm a bit odd that way.

Fun Fact 960x1080p is only 77% of 900p (1440x900).

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:
JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:

Um yeah you can.

Technicaly yes.  It's still false if you claim it something it is not. Like if you say 1080P that means 1920x1080.  If it's actually 960x1080 then that is something different.

Personally I find a bigger differeance between 30fps and 60fps, but I'm a bit odd that way.

Fun Fact 960x1080p is only 77% of 900p (1440x900).

I feel like this just became a killzone conversation.

It is running on id Tech5 after all, that engine is designed to run at 60fps at as high resolution as possible. Rage was one of the very few AAA 720p60fps games on PS360 as well (tho with a dynamic framebuffer, that will likely also be present in Wolf). Even the poorly optimised PC port of Rage (seriously WTF id that was a mess) runs 1080p60 on relatively meger hardware even with 4X MSAA

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!