By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Layoffs Hit Sony Santa Monica; one project cancelled, 50 people fired | MS hiring.. ;)

TarHeeLsALLday said:
I imagine Ascension being a total bomb is part of the reason. They expected that game to be huge. It had a Super Bowl commercial and a special red PS3 bundle and it still bombed hard.

the total bomb was probably profitable lol. doubt the expected it to match GoW3s numbers and it had a online super bowl commercial lol and the red bundle was limited lol. I swear....

Around the Network

M$ needs to hire them. Get their dirty little secrets. Then pass them off when their usefulness has been expired. Maybe to Rare to make Kinect games and Avatar clothes or something.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Max King of the Wild said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:
I imagine Ascension being a total bomb is part of the reason. They expected that game to be huge. It had a Super Bowl commercial and a special red PS3 bundle and it still bombed hard.

the total bomb was probably profitable lol. doubt the expected it to match GoW3s numbers and it had a online super bowl commercial lol and the red bundle was limited lol. I swear....

neh GoW: A had a rumored 40 to 60 million dollar budget

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/22/god-of-war-ascension-had-a-budget-somewhere-near-50-million-report/

And with the price of that game dropping very fast no way they were profitable.. you don't fire 50 people if it was..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Not gonna comment on the SSM thing cause I really have a hard time explaining that myself, but seriously Irrational games closing has nothing to do with the industry and everything to do with bad management. They put out 2 games in 7 years, of course those games were very good but still, there are not alot of studios that can operate that way and stay intact, that is the case today as it was 20 years ago. They should have known that they aren't Rockstar.

Around the Network

Thanks Obama!

Im sure they retained the good ones and moved them to the new studio.

Locking dupe thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.