By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Much of Gamefaqs is clearly X1 fanboys.

Tagged games:

How about a poll on if you can see the difference between native 720p upscaled to 1080p vs native 1080p?

Around the Network
blightedpersona said:
How about a poll on if you can see the difference between native 720p upscaled to 1080p vs native 1080p?

The average Xbot is probably too ignorant to know what that means.

They would probably ask, "what do Native Americans have to do with TVs?"

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Vote Accepted

Yes, the difference is crystal clear to me 22.48%

Usually, it depends on the game and how much action is going on 21.29%

Sort of, although I really don't notice unless I'm trying to 27.21%

No, I can't tell the difference at all 19.1%

I wouldn't know, my TV can't even display 1080p 9.92%

TOTAL VOTES     31350

Nearly 80% of the people voting are downplaying how big of a deal 720p is. I wouldn't be surprised if M$ is forcing all of its employees to vote in this poll.

That's not true. As someone else said, the last option is pretty much for people who shouldn't have voted at all and You're counting the second option which clearly says that they usually see a difference. Hell, even the third option is pretty much split.

This is mostly you just spinning.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, if his goal is to point out that the general gamer doesn't really give a shit about a small resolution difference, then including the last option is perfectly valid.

Mr Puggsly said:

Poll of the Day

On your television, can you tell the difference between 720p and 1080p resolution?

Vote Accepted

TOTAL VOTES     31350

Nearly 80% of the people voting are downplaying how big of a deal 720p is. I wouldn't be surprised if M$ is forcing all of its employees to vote in this poll.

So 44% say yes, they see a difference, 46% say no, and 10% it's not applicable.   So essentially there are equal amounts that say yes it matters vs. no it doesn't matter.

Your interpretation is flawed.

Around the Network

"The common man is an idiot"-Anonymous

Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But dude, its 2x+ da pixels!

Its should be 1000%, "OMG, the difference is crystal clear to me."

Why do the Xbone fans have such old TV's according to this poll? You'd think someone who has money to buy an expensive console can afford a decent TV...

Or is the poll utterly useless?

Not a great argument. This is like saying you can't see the difference between Sega Genesis and PS3 because the TV sucks.

Recent analysis have shown people can see the superior visuals of the PS4 even when the TV is off.

Some even say PS4 achieves a resolution so high that real life becomes blurry in comparison.

Were the ones saying that, Xbone fanboys by any chance, much like the ones you say participated in the poll?

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Vote Accepted

TOTAL VOTES     31350

That's not true. As someone else said, the last option is pretty much for people who shouldn't have voted at all and You're counting the second option which clearly says that they usually see a difference. Hell, even the third option is pretty much split.

This is mostly you just spinning.

He said 80% are "downplaying" the 1080p difference. According to a number of posters on the interwebs, anything besides option #1is indeed seen as downplaying.

You're right, though. He is doing a not of twirling with his interpretation of the results, but damn, when was the last time anyone made a thread on this subject without spin.

OT: I would've voted option two. it really depends on the game. With some, its night and day, but with others, you'd have to be seeing them side by side to notice a difference.

Hey, HEY Puggs. Stop it. Stop it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

GribbleGrunger said:
I'd say if you can't tell the difference between 1080p and 720p then just buy the cheapest console.

i see what you did there nice one