By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who thinks Mario Kart won't release "Spring 2008"

I find it hard to believe 2 potentially huge titles such as Smash and Mario Kart would be released close together, it seems to make more sense to make it a summer release, when the gaming drought will most likely happen again, it'll be something to brighten up your summer playing video games with friends.

I also wouldn't be surprised at a Fall 2008 release, just usually so close to release there's more video and pictures out there, even for a dev as secret as Nintendo, there is usually more then just a few pictures and a hands on out there, even though a hands on is promising but same could be said for Smash at E for all.

What do you guys think?  Would you like a spring release? I would rather have it be a summer game but that's me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

If I remember correctly Europe were suppouse to get Mario Kart before the rest of the world (maybe not Japan) to make up for getting Brawl so much later.
But I don't think anyone will play Mario Kart until June - July 2008.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I think it will probably be delayed a short amount of time.

I think it's still going to be Spring 2008, just late Spring.

The Game will be out in Europe in April

Confirmed

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

I think that Wii Fit doesn't even have a release date in the U.S. yet, so first, we'd need for that game to come out, and they wouldn't do two big games in one quarter. Mario kart Wii will not be out until the end of the year. Watch. It will be a delay. I'd bet on that. Or else Wii has a lackluster final quarter.

I am not sure, but remember Spring ends June 2_th (some time between 20th and 24th, I can never remember)

Maybe this is part of the strategy of Nintendomination(tm).

Think about it -- release three titles that sell your system right as demand might (finally) hit a pause. Basically, those on the shelves, plus one system seller around the holidays -- could ensure sell outs into 2009.

(Yes, we are talking about a console being scarse two years after launch).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

@DM
They'll have a strong final quarter, E3 still hasn't came up, they always release their holiday game news then, but often big spring titles get pushed back to summer or fall. And I would have through Wii Fit would be out here by now, but maybe they're reinforcing those balance boards in the mean time (hopefully)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

The most recent rumour I read (from some retailers, but I think these are still rumours, nothing really official behind that) was that we Europeans would get Mario Kart on the 25th of April.
But I do find this very strange too.