By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U's eDRAM stronger than given credit?

dekatree said:
Pemalite said:
dekatree said:
Pemalite said:
dekatree said:

sounds like complete BS, your gonna tell TP a game that came at the end of GC life, is not more techically advanced then a game that came out 4 years before it.

I shall find a brick wall to bash my head against, you completely avoided my point.

Heck, Twilight Princess runs on the Wind Waker engine.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2004/05/12/e3-2004-new-legend-of-zelda-details

all the more reason it should be more advanced,  just compare most sequels that are running on the same engine, there almost always more advanced, compare GTA4 to GTA5, same engine.

On a graphical fidelity level there ain't much in it between GTA4 and GTA5.

Get your eyes checked, i can't even play GTA4 cause how ugly it looks compared to 5, its like it came from a different generation.

GTA4 + DLC was on sale over the weekend (Steam). I didnt bother cause V is inevitable on PC and yes, it looks dated.

Games during a gen rarely boost their resolutions or framerates. They just boost image quality and stuff on screen. Mass Effect 1 and 3 are 720p30 on the XBox 360, yet the difference between them is huuuge.

Im waiting for such a huge difference on the Wii U. If Most Wanted U is ME1, then CARS had better be ME3, or 2 even. Since the U is firmly stuck at 720p it better have a meaningful/significant edge over the old HD twins. So far, no.

ME 1

ME 2

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/1/3/1/8/7/3/8/texture1_360.bmp.jpg" border="0">

Heck, if Cars manages to be Dirt2 in DX11 mode at 720p I'll be impressed. Even my old and weak (by 2009 standards) 5670HD could handle that game on ultra (720p), but performance always hovered too close to 30fps. This would put my WiiU concerns to rest PERMANENTLY but I dont expect it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
dekatree said:
Pemalite said:
dekatree said:
Pemalite said:
dekatree said:

sounds like complete BS, your gonna tell TP a game that came at the end of GC life, is not more techically advanced then a game that came out 4 years before it.

I shall find a brick wall to bash my head against, you completely avoided my point.

Heck, Twilight Princess runs on the Wind Waker engine.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2004/05/12/e3-2004-new-legend-of-zelda-details

all the more reason it should be more advanced,  just compare most sequels that are running on the same engine, there almost always more advanced, compare GTA4 to GTA5, same engine.

On a graphical fidelity level there ain't much in it between GTA4 and GTA5.

Get your eyes checked, i can't even play GTA4 cause how ugly it looks compared to 5, its like it came from a different generation.

GTA4 + DLC was on sale over the weekend (Steam). I didnt bother cause V is inevitable on PC and yes, it looks dated.

Games during a gen rarely boost their resolutions or framerates. They just boost image quality and stuff on screen. Mass Effect 1 and 3 are 720p30 on the XBox 360, yet the difference between them is huuuge.

Im waiting for such a huge difference on the Wii U. If Most Wanted U is ME1, then CARS had better be ME3, or 2 even. Since the U is firmly stuck at 720p it better have a meaningful/significant edge over the old HD twins. So far, no.

ME 1

ME 2

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/1/3/1/8/7/3/8/texture1_360.bmp.jpg" border="0">

Heck, if Cars manages to be Dirt2 in DX11 mode at 720p I'll be impressed. Even my old and weak (by 2009 standards) 5670HD could handle that game on ultra (720p), but performance always hovered too close to 30fps. This would put my WiiU concerns to rest PERMANENTLY but I dont expect it.

yea don't get your hope up, the wiiu is on par with current gen hardware, even exclusive wiiu games, don't show a step up to 360/ps3 games, is there even one impressive looking wiiu game with good AA. an 5670HD  can run 360/ps3 ports in its sleep, with higher resoltuion and frame rate. now the wiiu has been out for a year, not even one port has shown, 1x gap in power, the best port trine 2 is an enhanced port, and just does slight better graphics, never drips resolution, which was very rare for the 360/ps3 versions, they held 90-95% at 720p of the time,

X1 already has aporrof of a port running 4x the power of 360/ps3 with strider, ti does it 1080p/60 while 360/ps3 do it 720p/30fps

ps4 shows a 9x in power gap with trine 2, 3d suppot 1080p/60fps

wiiu, shows slight up grade in 1or 2 ports, and runs 10 ports worse, that proof enough for me.

dekatree said:

dekatree said:
for all these fanboys defending the wiiu, isn't sad you guys after a year can't even get games that run as well as 360/ps3, or even worse your getting average 360/ps3 graphics from nintendo but can even get upgrades like like descent AA.

Perhaps you mistake me for a console gamer? This is what GTA4 looks like on the almighty PC, clearly superior to GTA5 in every single way, graphically.

Go ahead, name ONE single effect that GTA5 does that GTA4 doesn't.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

yea don't get your hope up, the wiiu is on par with current gen hardware, even exclusive wiiu games, don't show a step up to 360/ps3 games, is there even one impressive looking wiiu game with good AA. an 5670HD  can run 360/ps3 ports in its sleep, with higher resoltuion and frame rate.

Yup, before buying a WiiU I upgraded my 5670HD to a 7870HD. I didnt know anything about the Orbis(PS4) or Durango(X1) at the time. Night and day improvement, one of the reasons why I find the "diminishing returns" argument for the PS4/X1 to be a complete joke. I dont expect to hear that once Second Son launches.

I genuinely thought the WiiU would be more powerful than my 5670. I didnt think it was possible for them to release something less powerful. It was $99 at launch (2009) for petes sake, amazing.

GPGPU, DirectX11 extensions, Out of Order processing, Lazy Devs and now eDRAM. Im not sure when this'll stop.

Pemalite said:
dekatree said:

No mods? That does NOT look vanilla.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
dekatree said:

dekatree said:
for all these fanboys defending the wiiu, isn't sad you guys after a year can't even get games that run as well as 360/ps3, or even worse your getting average 360/ps3 graphics from nintendo but can even get upgrades like like descent AA.

Perhaps you mistake me for a console gamer? This is what GTA4 looks like on the almighty PC, clearly superior to GTA5 in every single way, graphically.

Go ahead, name ONE single effect that GTA5 does that GTA4 doesn't.

doesnt change the fact that GTAV is way more techincally advanced then GTA4 which was my main point, same engines, same hardware, but of course after 3 years the engine will  get upgrades, thats why i said TP should me more techically advanced then WW, its coming out 3 years later on the same engine.

dekatree said:

doesnt change the fact that GTAV is way more techincally advanced then GTA4 which was my main point, same engines, same hardware, but of course after 3 years the engine will  get upgrades, thats why i said TP should me more techically advanced then WW, its coming out 3 years later on the same engine.

Then this should be easy.
Name one effect that GTA5 does that GTA4 doesn't. (Including the PC version.)

Don't get art and graphics confused, they're two very different things, GTA5 arguable has better art.

lol so many comments in this thread.

SubiyaCryolite said:

No mods? That does NOT look vanilla.

Ice Enhancer.
It's a bunch of post processing effects.
Any PC can use it if they run it vanilla. :P

It's based on ENB I think.

Pemalite said:
dekatree said:

Then this should be easy.
Name one effect that GTA5 does that GTA4 doesn't. (Including the PC version.)

Don't get art and graphics confused, they're two very different things, GTA5 arguable has better art.

your kidding me right, your comparing modded GTA4 vs GAT5, this has to be a joke, put pics up of vanialla pc, everything from textures, image quailty, to lighting and shadowing, its not even close poly count is also much higher.