By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Brothers has killed my desire to play video games...

...not named Smash Brothers Melee/Brawl. Have you ever wanted a game so much that you can't focus on playing any other game? This is the first time I've experienced this but it's as if my reason for playing video games is just to play Super Smash Brothers! I really can't play another game without getting bored and wanting to play Brawl, but unable to, so I pop in Melee, which only makes me wanna play Brawl even more. I've only become like this since the delay from Dec 3rd, and even great games like Galaxy and Mass Effect had me playing through thinking about Smash.

So what's the point of this story? There is none! I just felt like posting it. 

Smash Brothers is basically my religion now. March 4th(day I get Brawl) is going to be the greatest day in the history of mankind!

Around the Network

i wonder how much flame your going to get from people that come in and wont read what you wrote.....but i agree

Nope, I'm not a loser like that. There are so many good games out there to play. I'm happy with Devil May Cry and Lost Odyssey right now. Brawl will come out soon enough.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I sure hope people would read the very first sentence, that's why I have the periods in the title

Riot Of The Blood said:
Nope, I'm not a loser like that. There are so many good games out there to play. I'm happy with Devil May Cry and Lost Odyssey right now. Brawl will come out soon enough.
Ah you're such a winner because you play lots of video games. I wish I were you.

Around the Network

I feel that way about other action games when compared to Ninja Gaiden. Once you experience something you love so much it's hard for other games to keep your attention, but normally within the bounds of the genre.

Yeah, same here for me, I'm addicted to the updates and videos, I'm constantly getting signed up for online tournaments with Brawl Central and such. I know it won't let up once the game releases, Smash 64, SSBM both ate up my time for years, and with a stage editor and online this one is going to do it even more.

I am however able to play Melee and the Star Fox Assault game I just picked up but they don't keep my attention long as I'm usually back on the computer looking up Brawl stuff.

Also how could SMG NOT keep your mind off of Brawl, at least for the first play through, amazing platforming game, which then again I played it at launch and didn't have as many Brawl updates and videos to look at.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Yeah, same here for me, I'm addicted to the updates and videos, I'm constantly getting signed up for online tournaments with Brawl Central and such. I know it won't let up once the game releases, Smash 64, SSBM both ate up my time for years, and with a stage editor and online this one is going to do it even more.

I am however able to play Melee and the Star Fox Assault game I just picked up but they don't keep my attention long as I'm usually back on the computer looking up Brawl stuff.

Also how could SMG NOT keep your mind off of Brawl, at least for the first play through, amazing platforming game, which then again I played it at launch and didn't have as many Brawl updates and videos to look at.
Well Galaxy sorta did, but I still drowned the game in my Brawl hype and I couldn't help it. It's odd because Mario is my favorite gaming series and Galaxy is one of my favorite Mario titles, so it's one of my favorite games of all time. I did play it to completion getting all the stars(but only with Mario) but I couldn't help but think to myself that I should be playing Brawl..especially on Dec 3rd. And I normally stopped playing to check the dojo updates. My Smash hype is pretty scary right now, I've never been so crazy over a game before in my life.

I'm happily enjoying No More Heroes as well as some Virtual console goodness in the way of Phantasy Star 2, and the original Metroid.

I'm brawl Fasting right now, so I'm not totally burnt out on the game before it's even released. I haven't been to the smashboards, or to the dojo in about a week and plan on keeping it that way until maybe a day or two before the game comes out.

Then I'm going to cash in a few sick days at work for some brawl time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Since I'm reeling from the mild dissapointment of the much smaller than expected character roster (yeah I know I'm petty and picky) I was able to escape the event horizon of the hype created by this game.